Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clackers

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Troy Deeney on Leicester City:

"The support that Leicester get at the King Power Stadium is the kind of thing that will help them get over the line.

"If the team is nervy, like they were at the back end of Sunday's game, then their fans are not stupid - they realised their team needed them and raised the noise levels again.

"Part of that is down to the thousands of cardboard clappers the club leave out on the seats for fans before games.

"I think that actually started in the Championship play-offs in 2013, when we beat them in the semi-finals.

"I remember it being a bit annoying in the first leg at their place when their fans were using them but, now I am playing in the Premier League, I actually appreciated the noise when we went there.

"I don't want to sound too critical, but a lot of fans at some grounds I go to have got cameras in their hands, taking pictures of anything rather than generating any atmosphere during the game.

"At Leicester, it was all about getting behind their team."

Posted without comment.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The difference is Leicester actually have a recognizable singing section which sing loud enough to get the rest of the fans to join in. We don't.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The only downside to watching Leicester at home this season is that bloody awful noise.

Deeney is surely on a windup. He can't really believe players will improve at the sound of 30,000 clackers surely?

The day Barber brings the clackers back to the Amex is the day I stop going. If he wants to follow Leicester's way, let it be the provision of beer and donuts on the Chairmans birthday. What a great gesture that was by LCFC.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
clackers ...................................its a NO from me

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Not for me, depends on the club really.

Leicester seem to be heavy on the fun, family day out angle looking at the crowd in recent weeks. They seem happy with their lot, and why not?

Do wish we made more natural noise en mass though at home.

Horses for courses, but as I said not for me. More songs anyone?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perfect for teams with cheerleaders, goal music and bird displays........:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps worth another try if we are in the play-offs?

fisherman.jpg

:lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I thought I read somewhere this weekend it was the PEDs freely available for the squad.

Perfect for teams with cheerleaders, goal music and bird displays........:)

Hate the goal music that can stop asap! Our cheer leaders are hot so not too bad :drool:
Majestic Eagle I'd never get tired of watching it pre match.
Those Clackers are total pants those you had at the Amex semi brings back wonderful memories :amex:
Words for good old Sussex by the sea :ffsparr: oh my Lordy:clap2:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Hate the goal music that can stop asap! Our cheer leaders are hot so not too bad :drool:
Majestic Eagle I'd never get tired of watching it pre match.
Those Clackers are total pants those you had at the Amex semi brings back wonderful memories :amex:
Words for good old Sussex by the sea :ffsparr: oh my Lordy:clap2:

Obviously if our anthem had really classy lyrics we wouldn't bother putting them up...

I'm so glad you're mine now
I'm so, I'm so glad you're mine
I'm-a so glad you're mine now
Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

Infantile.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If we had won the semi final when we had clackers, I wonder if there would be such vehement arguments against?

We had them several times at Withdean, and I can't remember lots of moaning about them afterwards. I still have a couple with my souvenirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here