Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NO Zamora and NO Baldock for tomorrow night!!!

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
So that leaves one decent striker in Hemed, and one meant-to-be-amazing-but-cant-be-arsed striker Wilson. that's it!

So perhaps Elvis steps up or the Mad Cech, but Jeeeez I wished we'd have snapped up FFS in the loan window.....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So perhaps Elvis steps up or the Mad Cech, but Jeeeez I wished we'd have snapped up FFS in the loan window.....

Who moved that you would have snapped up, incidentally?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The club made a big thing that Skalak is a striker, so perhaps that is the plan.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not surprised about Baldock...he's just one of those that takes a while to recover from injuries..plus the fact it was only Saturday! :)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Murphy is having a great run. He can play through the middle. Kaz or Jiri can play wide. Or have Rosenior out wide. Real shame about Baldock and Bobby but we do have options.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I would start with Wilson and Hemed. If it doesn't work put Kaz on wing and move Murphy into the middle

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Imagine Wilson will start. Frustrating considering how lacklustre he appears of late.

I would start with Wilson and Hemed.

I just don't think Wilson is fit. There's been various whispers of glandular fever or similar, and I can well believe it. He arrived as a young and eager striker with bundles of energy and pace to burn. Now, he has to burst a lung to keep up with play and he looks absolutely shattered within a few minutes.

I can't see that he has 90 minutes in him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So that leaves one decent striker in Hemed, and one meant-to-be-amazing-but-cant-be-arsed striker Wilson. that's it!

If reports from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] (I think) are correct, it seems that we were interested, but that 'Muff were unwilling to make Murray available.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I just don't think Wilson is fit. There's been various whispers of glandular fever or similar, and I can well believe it. He arrived as a young and eager striker with bundles of energy and pace to burn. Now, he has burst a lung to keep up with play and he looks absolutely shattered within a few minutes.

If you read Red Cafe some on there say he's always looked unfit.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
such a shame re: Wilson - what a talent. when he signed as Bozza said he was incredible. Now he looks like hes blowing out his arse after 10-15mins, and generally really doesn't look like he gives a monkeys about chasing down for the team.

Arguably none of the top4 strengthened in the loan window, but imagine GM on the teamsheet ready for tomorrow - would certainly fill me with a lot more hope....

maybe Hemed/Murphy and give Kaz his winger place back for a game?!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I just don't think Wilson is fit. There's been various whispers of glandular fever or similar, and I can well believe it. He arrived as a young and eager striker with bundles of energy and pace to burn. Now, he has burst a lung to keep up with play and he looks absolutely shattered within a few minutes.

I'd have to agree, it was almost as if he hauled himself regretfully on to the pitch on Saturday. Though that said he would have been clear through if Murphy had found him earlier in the second half.

I'd start Murphy with Hemed and stick Lua Lua on the left wing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With the way we play, and the focus on counter-attacking I reckon you could perm almost any combination of Hemed, Skalak, Knockaert, LuaLua (,Wilson) and Murphy across the front and we'd still be pretty effective.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I just don't think Wilson is fit. There's been various whispers of glandular fever or similar, and I can well believe it. He arrived as a young and eager striker with bundles of energy and pace to burn. Now, he has to burst a lung to keep up with play and he looks absolutely shattered within a few minutes.

I've heard those whispers too, and if that's the case then not using the loan window seems even more bizarre, surely?

He'd struggle to make 20 minutes based on Saturdays 'effort'.

Give him a rest if he's ill and get Skalak in. Skalak will run himself into the ground and could provide some excellent service for Hemed.

Maybe even Manu on the bench? Is Hambo a bench option?

How old is Hambo? 21? Is he anywhere near the first team?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Good news is it sounds like Baldock felt it and came off before doing any major damage and therefore with the extra few days off til Forest on the Monday maybe we can see him and his hard work back for that one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here