Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor STILL sucking off Barton

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Barton, by accumulation alone, deserved at least one yellow, probably two, but not the straight red supporters bayed for during the game and after it on social media.

Barton, eyes fixed on the ball he was pursuing, hurdling Kayal and with nowhere to go landing on the influential Israeli's leg.

Barton's lower arm, not pointed elbow, caught the side of Kayal's face

Still images have the capacity to distort.

08f5e409400cd34ef0eb64559c33c01c.jpg

His analysis is full of contradictions. If there was nothing wrong with either challenge, then why should Barton have any yellow cards?

Over to you fellow BAYERS.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
His analysis is full of contradictions. If there was nothing wrong with either challenge, then why should Barton have any yellow cards?

Over to you fellow BAYERS.

'by accumulation alone'

For the other fouls/dissent

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Naylor is, and always has been a cock.

I watched an old DVD at the weekend, that I found in my loft. It was an 'NSC Production' covering the 1997-2004 period. If I can work out how to convert the file format I'll upload it but anyway........................

On it, Naylor was speaking about the upcoming move to Gillingham. His comment was on the lines of "It's OK for me, because I can claim more expenses for the longer journey"

I am still BAYING by the way

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Barton outright bullied the ref all game. He was constantly sniping at him as soon as he realised he wouldn't be reprimanded.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If it was accidental why did Barton immediately indicate to Pawson that Kayal had dived? Surely he should have helped him up and checked on his welfare?

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
[tweet]716916194675175424[/tweet]

Be interested to hear his quote.

I'm sure the players have been briefed to be as professional as the gaffer was over this. The game is done, no point stoking it any further, just move on to the next one.

As for Naylor, he only comes out with these 'controversial views' so that people will acknowledge him.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I'm sure the players have been briefed to be as professional as the gaffer was over this. The game is done, no point stoking it any further, just move on to the next one.

As for Naylor, he only comes out with these 'controversial views' so that people will acknowledge him.

And get a bit more click-bait for that shocking newspaper. The ads on the website make it borderline unreadable.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has he taken to retweeting those who agree with him (whilst ignoring all those who don't) yet, as if that somehow validates his opinion?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
BARTON WAS THERE TO SILENCE kAYAL,put him off his game thats what Barton does and he does it well its up to the ref if he is bothered to put it right, wifey's verdict on Barton was that he is and will always be a thug, why in gods name do you think the Burnley manager bought him to the club.
Oh and + Naylor is and always will be a knob ....................................bring back Vinnicombe

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why did Barton clutch his face after elbowing Kayal when there was clearly no contact with his head ?

There are numerous reasons for why Barton should have gone.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I didn't have a clear view of the stamp in real time but I did the elbow, and I instantly was up & shouting red, red, red and having seen the replays I haven't changed my mind. But the problem was he should have been booked before then and most players change their game once booked. He obviously sussed the ref wasn't going to book him whatever he did so just carried on regardless.

This does happen quite often imo when games are on SKY and the ref's feel all eyes are on them. When we played QPR Austin should have been booked for his blatant dive after 10-15 minutes but the ref just had a word with him about it. Might not have changed the end result but Austin does like to put himself about and would have all likely changed his game when on a yellow so early in the match.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's similar to his article a couple of weeks ago where he started off talking bollocks about having the best away support in the division, then had a pop at home attendances and atmosphere.

Here he kicks off saying Barton should have had two yellows but that the stamp and elbow were innocent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Barton, by accumulation alone, deserved at least one yellow, probably two, but not the straight red supporters bayed for during the game and after it on social media. Barton, eyes fixed on the ball he was pursuing, hurdling Kayal and with nowhere to go landing on the influential Israeli's leg.
Wow :eek:

While I'm not a fan of Naylor, I did assume he watched and understood the basics of football. If I'm being generous here, then maybe he's been told to write something controversial to spark debate despite the fact that he didn't get a chance to watch any footage.

Re "Barton, eyes fixed on the ball he was pursuing, hurdling Kayal and with nowhere to go landing on the influential Israeli's leg" - no Naylor, he had already fouled Kayal from behind and the whistle had gone, so Barton was no longer pursuing the ball at all. He also, very clearly, not only deliberately landed on Kayal's leg, but deliberately put all of his weight and momentum into it. If Naylor can't understand that, he doesn't understand football.
Still images have the capacity to distort
Yes, I'm going on the Sky footage.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
[tweet]716916194675175424[/tweet]

Be interested to hear his quote.

Kayal could say little else.

To say otherwise would escalate the whole matter.

Not something the club really needs to be drawn into.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here