Championship play-offs - what happened the following season

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Since 2004-05

Play-off winners (total of 10)
Survived in EPL - 5
Relegated - 5

Play-off also-rans (total of 30)
Promoted outright - 4 (all champions, as it happens)
Promoted via play-offs - 0
Play-off also-rans - 5
Top half of table (7-13th) - 10
Bottom half of table (14-20th) - 9
Relegated - 2

Just out of interest.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Well. IF we don't go up automatically and IF we don't win the play offs then I expect a marginal struggle to retain CH's services but IF we do then I'm putting a wedge on us comfortably winning the league next year.

If Burnley, Middlesbrough and Hull City went up the I'd say it's not a bad bet with a sensible summer. Although I'm not sure about the 'comfortably' bit.

Still, I an get with the 'if' bit. There's a lot of intelligent hope left.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Well. IF we don't go up automatically and IF we don't win the play offs then I expect a marginal struggle to retain CH's services but IF we do then I'm putting a wedge on us comfortably winning the league next year.

In four out of ten years it happened, so if... if... why not?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If we failed I think CH will want another try next year and TB will oblige.

Course TB will oblige. He's built a very good side in 12 months that is plus 18 places on last years fiasco. He deserves another crack at it and as you say he will get it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was suggested that if we dont get promoted we may struggle to keep him. I dont think so my point is I think he will want another go with us and his squad not to move to another club to try.

theboybilly

Why would Chris Hughton jump ship? He's worked under some unpleasant conditions in the past and now has a stable and supportive regime to deal with. I would also liketo think he now has formed an affinity with the fans, the club and the area. I would hate him to go

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Every season's different. They be some big hitters such as Newcastle, Sunderland etc and will we manage to keep all our top players through the summer? I still think we'll be promoted this season and suggest we all focus on that for now.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Chris Hughton wont be leaving if we get promoted or not. you heard it here first.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here