Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley's draw celebrations

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Never seen a team celebrate a draw like Burnley did yesterday, high fiving and hugging each other. The relief was palpable

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Guess that's what the difference between being 3 points or 1 point clear at the top does.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It keeps them as favourites for automatic promotion so understandable. A defeat would have given them a nervy finish to the season . We now need them to thrash Middlesbro next week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not surprised, that could be a massive point and keeps us at bay. I'm sure our players would have done the same.

For sure their celebrations were massive. Felt like a 1st v 2nd Titanic clash that the Albion won hands-down on playing proper football and Barnsley nicked a point via hoofball and thuggery. Why on earth would they not celebrate that point. Especially as they'd been denied a goal on account of the lack of goal-line technology in the Championship. Honours evens with all things considered aye? Joey Barton remains a cvnt tho.

After yesterday's results I have the teams going into the final game of the season:

Middlesbrough 87
BHA 86
Burnley 85
Hull 83

Last game of the season:

Charlton v Burnley
Hull v Rotherham

Expect Burnley & Hull to win

Meaning Middlesbrough needing a draw to go up & us a win.
Now that will be nervy!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They were time wasting early on at 0-0 so they definitely came for a point. Can't blame them though as it keeps us at arms length from catching them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After yesterday's results I have the teams going into the final game of the season:

Middlesbrough 87
BHA 86
Burnley 85
Hull 83

Last game of the season:

Charlton v Burnley
Hull v Rotherham

Expect Burnley & Hull to win

Meaning Middlesbrough needing a draw to go up & us a win.
Now that will be nervy!

Charlton and Rotherham may need the points or hopefully 1 point to stay up so 3 draws would then be ideal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In we had gone to Burnley in the same position that they came down here in and then been played off the park for most of the game, I imagine the team and fans would have been just as pleased with that get out of jail injury time goal as Burnley clearly were.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For sure their celebrations were massive. Felt like a 1st v 2nd Titanic clash that the Albion won hands-down on playing proper football and Barnsley nicked a point via hoofball and thuggery. Why on earth would they not celebrate that point. Especially as they'd been denied a goal on account of the lack of goal-line technology in the Championship. Honours evens with all things considered aye? Joey Barton remains a cvnt tho.

They've just equalised in the JPT final. Suspect they may be tired if it goes to extra time.

PG

Expatclaret

Banned
Apr 2, 2016
So let me get this right..... you battered us.... and scored 2 goals... we were shite and scored 3!!!!! Good job we didn't play well then eh!!!!
And as for the celebration at the end... we go away to our nearest rivals... grab a last minute equalizer after the disallowed "goal" a few mins earlier... and leave with a point and maintain our 4 point..... sorry.. make that 5 with the goal difference... and yiu ask why the celebration??? Mate... give yiur head a wobble.....

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
No the records show you scored 2 goals, if the referee had correctly spotted the ball crossing the line, there is no guarantee that you would have scored the goal you eventually did [emoji847]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No the records show you scored 2 goals, if the referee had correctly spotted the ball crossing the line, there is no guarantee that you would have scored the goal you eventually did [emoji847]

Exactly.

Even less chance of the ref had done his job.

Expatclaret

Banned
Apr 2, 2016
So even with the disallowed goal.... you still couldn't beat us.... roll on your next two very difficult away games.... I have never heard such a whinging set of numptys in my life.... you lose on Tuesday and next Saturday. . Will you still be blaming Barton. ..!!!!

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So even with the disallowed goal.... you still couldn't beat us.... roll on your next two very difficult away games.... I have never heard such a whinging set of numptys in my life.... you lose on Tuesday and next Saturday. . Will you still be blaming Barton. ..!!!!

Unlikely, as he's cheating **** that plays for your lot.

You've got some tricky games as well, so best keep quiet.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014

He should have been off ,you were lucky to get a point whinging lol we were cheated deluded prick:tosser:

Expatclaret

Banned
Apr 2, 2016
OTM.... unbeaten since boxing day... two home games I'm a row... I know where my money would be... and matbha. . You're missing the point ... we were shit... and you still couldn't beat us.... look at the table next Saturday. ..fancy yourselves in the play offs then????

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
OTM.... unbeaten since boxing day... two home games I'm a row... I know where my money would be... and matbha. . You're missing the point ... we were shit... and you still couldn't beat us.... look at the table next Saturday. ..fancy yourselves in the play offs then????

No [emoji4]

I think you are ready for the taking for a Cardiff or similar.

Us? Would take 4 from the next 6 if offered, but we need 6.

You haven't beaten a team in the top 6 have you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here