Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's all-time most hated?

Who is Brighton's all-time most hated opposing player?

• Joey Barton

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Henry Hughton

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Carl Griffiths/Scott McGleish

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Where does Barton's weaselly thuggery put him in the all-time list of people we hate most?

Does the dirty scouse ****wad go straight in at number one? Or, once the red mist recedes, will there be others we remember even less fondly.

Does Henry Hughton's criminal assault on Gerry Ryan make him number one enemy still?

Or what about Carl Griffiths/Scott McGleish taunting the Goldstone North Stand when were at our most raw?

Is there some other villain you hate even more?

Only one way to settle this. A reasoned debate followed by a democratic vote.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All of the above. Plus Norman Whiteside.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And anyone who says crown green bowling is not a contact sport.
I have seen the Zimmer faction play at Hastings and Battle :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Hughton for me, although Barton is very much into second alongside Whiteside. McGleish was a bit more panto villain for me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ratshit Harkouk
Glug Stanley
Sam the Spiv Hammam

did'nt he get his at the "Bosun" in West street.................someone will remind me?

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Norman Whiteside, probably because I was so young when it happened and it was in the Cup final, which was the biggest thing ever at the time, his thuggery made a massive impression on me, I always resolved never to be like that and not to give the time of day to people who showed or supported those tendencies.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I assume Scott McGleish is the shortened version of Scott Mcleishisawanker? Didn't Scott McGleishisawanker also donate a load of cash to the REMF or something as a bit of a gesture to Albion fans, making him less of a wanker?

Anyway, Gus Poyet for me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
After all these years, the first name that popped into my head was Whiteside.

So him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Where does Barton's weaselly thuggery put him in the all-time list of people we hate most?

Does the dirty scouse ****wad go straight in at number one? Or, once the red mist recedes, will there be others we remember even less fondly.

Does Henry Hughton's criminal assault on Gerry Ryan make him number one enemy still?

Or what about Carl Griffiths/Scott McGleish taunting the Goldstone North Stand when were at our most raw?

Is there some other villain you hate even more?

Only one way to settle this. A reasoned debate followed by a democratic vote.
Without wanting to condone what happened, Hughton was reportedly very upset after the incident. I still class him as a **** but not a monster.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not a player but hated Barry Hearn.
Talking of Hearn, does anyone remember Andrew Buenacore? Leyton Orient PA announcer who detested us. Once played 'YMCA' before kick off 'for all the Brighton fans'.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
who's that knob who played for Rotherham when were at the Withdean. Nearly caused a riot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here