Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was wrong

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having watched the FL show I was wrong as both Burnley goals were perfectly good goals and down to our poor defending. There was only 1 Burnley player stopping Stockdale which is normal practice but there was also a Brighton player there compounding the problem. Calderwood being an ex centre back has got to work on Goldson and Dunk to attack the ball more when a cross comes in from a set piece.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Their second goal Keane shoved Goldson in the face with his arm, hence the free header. It's also why several of our players were fuming and went straight to the ref

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
How the Burnley player (Vokes?) managed to trap the ball for their first goal was interesting - it seemed to get stuck between his foot and shin. It was either an outrageous piece of skill or dead lucky. I suspect the latter.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Having watched the FL show I was wrong as both Burnley goals were perfectly good goals and down to our poor defending. There was only 1 Burnley player stopping Stockdale which is normal practice but there was also a Brighton player there compounding the problem. Calderwood being an ex centre back has got to work on Goldson and Dunk to attack the ball more when a cross comes in from a set piece.

Lots of work is done in training on defending free kicks and corners. Burnly had lots of them yesterday and we defended a lot of them well but Dunk does have a tendency to lose concentration on the odd occasion. I don't want to slate him for yesterday because I thought for the most part he played well.

We seem to ''Man mark'' for cornres and ''Zonally mark'' for free kicks and for the most part it works but sometimes you come up against some teams who are physically stronger and on those occasions we can tend to struggle.

Yesterday, the loss of Bruno might have caused a bit of confusion because Burnley had made a few substitutions as well. Hemed had gone off so Bruno being Captain would have been the man organising who was marking who after all the substitutions and with him off the field, perhaps no one really took control of the Zone marking for the free kick.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Yes. Perhaps Stockdale should win a few more crosses and not rely on Goldson and Dunk so much.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Time to admit you were wrong about Bong coming back into the side too

I thought Rosenoir was superb at left back and Bong looked lost when he came on. Defensive substitutions are always difficult though. Liam did enough to keep his place (as did Knockers) so Bong will just have to wait.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lots of work is done in training on defending free kicks and corners. Burnly had lots of them yesterday and we defended a lot of them well but Dunk does have a tendency to lose concentration on the odd occasion. I don't want to slate him for yesterday because I thought for the most part he played well.

We seem to ''Man mark'' for cornres and ''Zonally mark'' for free kicks and for the most part it works but sometimes you come up against some teams who are physically stronger and on those occasions we can tend to struggle.

Yesterday, the loss of Bruno might have caused a bit of confusion because Burnley had made a few substitutions as well. Hemed had gone off so Bruno being Captain would have been the man organising who was marking who after all the substitutions and with him off the field, perhaps no one really took control of the Zone marking for the free kick.

Maybe Bruno would have made sure both posts were covered. Had they been we would have won the game.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not at all so much so I would play him on Tuesday and Rosenior right midfield to add to our defensive capabilities.with Murphy in the hole behind Hemed if as expected Baldock is out.

We dont need to add to our defensive capabilities, we need to score

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I just felt that after every sub we made we appeared to get much weaker on the pitch. Once Bruno, especially, had gone I just felt a wave of pessimism sweep over me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When were you wrong?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

he needs to go to work on one of them.....dunk i would say..... we've already got our attackers getting in eachothers way we don't need the c.b's doing it as well.............i wish they would cut the wrestling / grappling out....such a waste of energy and risky to boot.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sorry but the 2nd Burnley goal was not a good goal.

Watch Keane strike Goldsons face to give himself space and a free header. Had the ref seen it, Keane would've been sent off. Not a fair goal at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here