Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship next season

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Looking more and more likely that 3 very big clubs will be joining from the premiership . Gonna be a very strong league.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Looking more and more likely that 3 very big clubs will be joining from the premiership.

................and if not, maybe two big clubs and the Croydon bindippers

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Can see Villa struggling next year and a possible relegation battle to avoid league one.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looking more and more likely that 3 very big clubs will be joining from the premiership . Gonna be a very strong league.

I think you mean minnows when compared to the biggest clubs in the universe that are Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
What's to say Newcastle won't do a Leeds? Ashley has publicly said there's no money left in the club.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
What's to say Newcastle won't do a Leeds? Ashley has publicly said there's no money left in the club.

Apparently Newcastle haven't got relegation clauses built into their player contracts either, so they'll potentiallyhave a 70m wage bill to contend with. Would expect Benitez and a few players to walk away over summer. Sunderland don't look that much better then any of the top 6 Championship teams, so would expect them to be challengers. Crazy to think its possible that all 3 big north east teams could be in championship next season.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...-relegation-clauses-newcastle-united-10851167

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
People say this every year.
This. If you can be prepared to trawl through the last 5 years of NSC you'll see identical threads: it's going to be a stronger league next year because team X,Y and Z are coming down from the PL etc. Truth is that the overall standard varies very little from year to year.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
They might be big clubs but they're awful teams.

Villa are one of the worst premier league teams I can remember and there's nothing about them that says they're going to be at the top end of the championship next season. They have no quality players, a chairman who wants out, a revolving managers door and they're a club who for the past five years or so have been mired in a culture of losing.

Sunderland have been trying to get relegated for the past several seasons. If this s the year that a miracle escape act doesn't materialise they'll be slightly better off than Villa but I can't see them getting automatic. Maybe the play offs if Allardyce stays and they have a clear out of players.

As for Newcastle, who knows what will happen with them. They could smash the league to pieces or make Villa look decent.

I don't think any of them are to be feared next season. The only negative to having them in our division next year is that we're still in it and not in the premier league.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am more worried about the players we will lose if we don't go up than about the teams coming down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here