Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Stockdale
Bruno-Goldson-Dunk-Rosenior
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Murphy
Hemed-Wilson

Subs: Maenpaa, Greer, Skalak, Lualua, Towell, Bong, Zamora

Sounds like Bruno will be alright but Baldock might miss out. I've put Zamora on the bench in the hope that he can play the last 15 minutes or so when Hemed burns himself out. Towell to replace Sidwell on the bench.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I wouldn't have Wilson anywhere near the team until whatever the problem is gets sorted

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Hemed
Baldock/Skalak

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wouldn't have Wilson anywhere near the team until whatever the problem is gets sorted

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Hemed
Baldock/Zamora
Baldock went off with a hamstring injury yesterday, I don't think Zamora has trained much recently. Unless we put Murphy or Skalak up front we've only really got Hemed and Wilson as strikers at the moment.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Hemed
Baldock/Skalak

I'd go with this as well. Something not right with Wilson.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Baldock went off with a hamstring injury yesterday, I don't think Zamora has trained much recently. Unless we put Murphy or Skalak up front we've only really got Hemed and Wilson as strikers at the moment.

I switched it but you replied too quck!

If Baldock unfit then play either Skalak or Murphy off Hemed

The performance of Wilson yesterday was one of the worst I've seen in a good while. Not slating him but something is definately up, he looked totally out of place, a hinderence.

The performance of Wilson yesterday was one of the worst I've seen in a good while. Not slating him but something is definately up, he looked totally out of place, a hinderence.

It was definitely the worst performance since someone on here criticised one of our players the previous match.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

That would work. I think Murphy played up front at times for Motherwell, not sure about Skalak........there is always Elvis :lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Bong

Rosenior
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Hemed
Wilson

Subs:
Maenpaa
Greer
Sidwell
Knockaert
Lua Lua
Skalak
Zamora

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On assumption Baldock will not be fit, I would go 4-3-3

Sidwell in for Baldock with two wide players pushed forward otherwise unchanged

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
..................... Stockdale,
Bruno (C)...Dunk ... Goldson...Bong,
Rosenior...Stephens...Kayal ...Murphy,
............Knockaert,
..............................Hamed!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale
Bruno...Goldson...Dunk...Bong
Rosenior...Stephens..Kayal...Knockheart
Murphy
Hemed.

I would start with 5 in midfield with Murphy in there on the left with AK wide of Rosenior but as the game moved on move Murphy up behind Hemed as support AK out left and LR wide right.​

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Has bong had a run out for he u21s yet ? He really looks like he needs one before getting his place back, he was All over the place when he came on yesterday

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

It did not look so bad on TV. Still, at the game it looked like he was knocked off the ball not just too easily, like always.

Baldock 15 touches and Wilson 11 touches. I though Baldock played the best he had all this season in a slightly different role more suited to him. He did tend to run for the same balls a Hemed I don't think he is is Hemed's natural partner. I think Bobby Zamora also runs for the same balls as Hemed.

After the Burnley game I would tend to partner Hemed with Knockaert and have Knocky buzzing around behind our main striker. At least for the home games.

Not sure about Birmingham. Nothing to play for but they are a better footballing team than Burnley* and the quickest (except for us) in midfield. (*based on three matches, the away game at Turf Moor, Derby v Burnley and the last one.) matches In my Promotion Calculator (to be revised) I had us down for a win against Burnley and this one down as a defeat. Winning it won't rectify Burnley getting an extra point, not unless we win by more than 0-9.

Sio the big question is who to partner Hemed up front? We might need a poll. Baldock, Skalák, Zamora, Lualua, Murphy, Towell, Knockaert, Manu, Wilson.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brum have an outside chance of reaching the play offs, slim but still a chance, so will be after a win. This may make an open game and give us more chance of 3 pts.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale
Bruno...Goldson...Dunk...Bong
Rosenior...Stephens..Kayal...Knockheart
Murphy
Hemed.

I would start with 5 in midfield with Murphy in there on the left with AK wide of Rosenior but as the game moved on move Murphy up behind Hemed as support AK out left and LR wide right.​

I think I would do the same against Birmingham. Except I would have Murphy on the right wide, Lualua on the left and Knockaert in the position behing Hemed. This based entirely on the game against Burnley though. I woudl call it 4-4-1-1.

I think Birmingham play natural wingers (Cotterill or Buckley?) so Bong is favoured. Rosenoir is actually better at stopping inverted wingers.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Knockaert can also play off Hemed, therefore

Stockdale
Bruno (assuming he's fine, if not, Calde)-Goldson-Dunk-Bong
Rosenior-Kayal-Stephens-Murphy
Knockaert
Hemed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think I would do the same against Birmingham. Except I would have Murphy on the right wide, Lualua on the left and Knockaert in the position behing Hemed. This based entirely on the game against Burnley though. I woudl call it 4-4-1-1.

I think Birmingham play natural wingers (Cotterill or Buckley?) so Bong is favoured. Rosenoir is actually better at stopping inverted wingers.

I wouldnt even put Lua Lua on the team bus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here