For the ridiculous foul at an awful time by Dunk
By the awful cross by Murphy which should have given Wilson an easy goal
For Hemed's miss
For Wilson's lazy (for whatever reason) performance
For 2 crucial injuries
That somehow Stockdale was the only player booked
For Dyches post match comments
That Boro won due to an equally dodgy lino the night before

And yet we played really well against a top team, had one massive decision go our way, are massively ahead if where I thought we'd be at the start of the season and are still in contention for an automatic spot. But my overwhelming feeling is that this combination of factors will have sucked the spirit out of the team and given Burnley the boost to get them over the line. Hope I'm wrong and we give Brum a tonking but I can't see it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Anyone else woken up still just as annoyed as yesterday for -
At an utterly incompetent ref
At Joey Barton
For the negative substitution
For Hemed's miss
For 2 crucial injuries

And yet we played really well against a top team, had one massive decision go our way, are massively ahead if where I thought we'd be at the start of the season and are still in contention for an automatic spot. But my overwhelming feeling is that this combination of factors will have sucked the spirit out of the team and given Burnley the boost to get them over the line. Hope I'm wrong and we give Brum a tonking but I can't see it.

Got up feeling like this and continued to feel like this all day. Watching my AFL team lose has not helped matters!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
At Joey Barton
For Hemed's miss
For 2 crucial injuries

Yep all of this..

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Nope, can't change a thing .

Move on , and concentrate on mugging the peaky blinders of 3 points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just feel that we may have blown the chance of auto promotion when we should be right back in it only a point behind Burnley. I don't see us pulling it back now. I agree with quite a few, although not all of the op's points. But yes I am no less pissed off about it this morning than I was at the end of the game, I need to get over it.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
I am getting over my irritation.
1. Burnley had a good goal disallowed
2. I don't like their brand of football but do like ours
3. Most of their supporters had to go back home to Burnley - not nice
4. We are still in the mix and I feel there are twists and turns still to come

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I am still annoyed but do agree with the above

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I came to the realisation last night that I actually don't care if we get promoted this season or not - I've just really enjoyed seeing us win most of our home games for the first time in years... so the game yesterday was a bit of a ho-hum moment for me.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex

Brilliant, love it! Genuinely made me feel better

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Me too-that is until we start dropping back deep to defend a 1 goal lead for the last 20 minutes.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yes - still hacked off. But that's football. Two weeks ago we escaped at MK Dons when they missed a last minute pen, and at the same time Burnley conceded a last minute equaliser to Wolves. These things happen.

But try to enjoy the fact that we are playing some great football in a near perfect sporting arena. The Amex was unbelievable yesterday. Fans of every other Championship club (and most Premiership clubs) would love to have our facilities. And - Mr Naylor - the atmosphere was brilliant.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

This. I'm going to enjoy today, not let yesterday spoil it, and looking forward to Brum on Tuesday night.
I hope our players are fit to play with no lasting injuries from yesterday.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
A good method to cheer up, is by remembering that Knockaert moment in the 1st half where he controlled a high and awkward cross field ball using a Cruyff turn on the volley whilst beating his man (and getting fouled) all in one movement.

Easily the best piece of skill I've ever seen in an Albion shirt. The man is a genius at times. If anyone has a recording of this specific Knockeart trick, please, please get it up on NSC for all those still suffering.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Still pretty angry, I have to admit.

It would appear that elbowing an opponent is no longer a red card offence. How Joey Barton was still on the pitch at the end will forever remain a mystery to me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm angry, but I'm GLAD I'm angry. Football should be a disproportionate part of my life and for the last 18 months or so I've been a bit "Meh" about all things Albion.

Being totally pissed off with the world this morning means I have my Albion Mojo back, mainly due to Joey Barton fellating Andy Naylor and his smug post match analysis tweets.

The next five games are winnable, especially if we play as we did yesterday.

Kayal was outstanding, Tony K a box of tricks, Hemed sublime.

Throw a sickie, bunk off school, cancel the dentist appointment, miss the funeral (including you [MENTION=288]Harty[/MENTION]) as being at the match is what they would have wanted anyway, and get your arse to St. Andrews on Tuesday.

Let's soccer those Birmingham DINS.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

At Joey Barton

For Hemed's miss

For 2 crucial injuries

Firstly Dunk challenge was not a foul. The cheating piece of shitty scum dived after.

So for that I'm still very angry and equally so for the rest.

The only consolation is the animal didn't succeed in his intention of ending Kayals career

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm angry, but I'm GLAD I'm angry. Football should be a disproportionate part of my life and for the last 18 months or so I've been a bit "Meh" about all things Albion.

Being totally pissed off with the world this morning means I have my Albion Mojo back, mainly due to Joey Barton fellating Andy Naylor and his smug post match analysis tweets.

Love this. Spot on.

D

Deleted member 2719

Exactly this. My mood is angry, my mojo is thriving the thing is Chris Hughton still keeps his negative head on when he doesn't have to. Perfect tactics for 70mins, crap tactics for 20mins. Will he except it's his mistakes like Adams would have done, more importantly will he adopt these last 20 mins tactics for the rest of the season.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It's all about Birmingham on Tuesday now. We were the better team yesterday put everything behind us, do our best to win on Tuesday and hope others slip up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here