Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was that (new?) BHA song being played in the ground PA around 11.50am today?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
It was rather beautiful... strings, soulful, different...

Would love to buy it...

(Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere)

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Maybe not a BHA song but it definitely referenced BHA. Nowt on Google, hoping the club can help...

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Apologies, it may have been 'Brighton Beach' by Rod McStewart, in which case I was wrong about it referencing Albion, I misheard it. Soz.

Nice song though, esp. in an emptyish stadium 40 minutes before a massive BHA game.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It was Albion-related and sung by a local guy who uploaded it to YouTube - I think they said his name was Tom Smith or something along those lines.

Struck me as very, very dreary and dull but to each their own.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
It was Albion-related and sung by a local guy who uploaded it to YouTube - I think they said his name was Tom Smith or something along those lines.

Struck me as very, very dreary and dull but to each their own.

OK thanks Frutos, then I'm doubly wrong, squared! Thanks for the lead, I'll check it through.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OK thanks Frutos, then I'm doubly wrong, squared! Thanks for the lead, I'll check it through.
It was definitely a Youtube-published thing and specifically Albion-related - maybe worth e-mailing the club to ask them to fill in the missing info seeing as they must know what was played? [emoji2]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This seems as good a place as any to put one of Hugh Bonneville's Desert Island Discs selection.

An orchestral representation of The South Downs:-

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was definitely a Youtube-published thing and specifically Albion-related - maybe worth e-mailing the club to ask them to fill in the missing info seeing as they must know what was played? [emoji2]

Definitely Albion related. It mentioned Brighton, Albion and listed some old players like Nelson & Napier, in one of the verses.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
This needs to go on the big screens with words before the game, bloody love this song.

Absolutely, I'd love to hear this each week. Nice of him to let us have it free, I'd happily pay for it if it were released...

D

Deleted member 22389

I like it. May be someone in the North might try to get the following going

We’ll sing out for Brighton, we are the Albion
We’ll sing out for Brighton, we are the Albion

We sing about Bobby, we sing about Ward.
Napier and Nelson, Connor and Thorne
We sing about Bobby, we sing about Ward.
Napier and Nelson, Connor and Thorne

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here