Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bad were we at corners before Christmas?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Serious question because I haven't a clue, but it does feel lately that set pieces are our biggest weakness and it proved so once again. I was just wondering if it fell in line with Greer getting hurt and not having that leader in the middle of the defence?

Hope to see a Greer & Goldson pairing on Tuesday, it's literally every bloody game lately where we don't get a result, we can attribute one goal from them at Dunks door. I'm not hating on Dunk btw, I just wonder if now is the time for the old head leader in the heart of the defence to take charge.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
For the first goal Bruno spent all his energy clinging on to Ward, when may be if he gave up on that tactic, and tried a decent tackle, Ward would not have been able to put it on a plate for Gray.

The second goal Goldson was clinging on to Keane, but got a shove/punch in the face which knocked him off balance. Hence why Keane had so much space.

Dunk played the ball on the free kick that led to the 2nd goal

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
For the first goal Bruno spent all his energy clinging on to Ward, when may be if he gave up on that tactic, and tried a decent tackle, Ward would not have been able to put it on a plate for Gray.

The second goal Goldson was clinging on to Keane, but got a shove/punch in the face which knocked him off balance. Hence why Keane had so much space.

Dunk played the ball on the free kick that led to the 2nd goal

We've conceded from a quarter of set pieces conceded according to Dyche, I'm sure there aren't excuses for every single one, hence why I'm wondering if there is a lack of old, organisational head in Greer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here