Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next five games

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Three of them against teams with nothing to play for.
Two against teams that aren't very good.
Each one will make or break the season.

Target has to be fifteen points, doesn't it? That'd put us on 87.
Leaving one win (or two draws) from the last two to be promoted.

But it's the Championship, so how many will we get?

I'll say twelve.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The aim has to be for 15 but I worry about Birmingham away more than any other.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
4 points from Birmingham and Forest, then a further 9. We should beat Derby at home which has surely got to give us a shout on the final day.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
3 wins and 2 draws: 11 points. Maximum from the last 2.

Hughton really has to go for it in these away games and I'm not sure he will. Suspect we will see a lot of draws in the next few games and that will be us into the play-offs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hughton really has to go for it in these away games and I'm not sure he will. Suspect we will see a lot of draws in the next few games and that will be us into the play-offs

Where we lose to Sheffield Weds who bully us to defeat....

Where we lose to Sheffield Weds who bully us to defeat....

Yeh - not getting a talisman like Murray up front or an Upson figure to sort us out at the back will likely end up costing us. Shame if that happens, because the midfield and wing play has been excellent but you can't build half a team and have expectations that you'll get into the best league in the world.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The next five games...

Hopefully Sidwell won't feature in.

Sidwell has featured in 10 games this season for us.
Until today he'd come on in 5 games in the last 15 minutes and we'd won all of them. (Reading, MK Dons, Brentford, Bristol and Leeds)
The 2 games where he played a full 90 mins were the away draw at Hull and the home draw against Sheff Weds. Both creditable draws.
Even the game we lost he only played in the 2nd half (Cardiff).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Of course he will. We're play off certainties now; he's not going to set up for a draw in 5 winnable games that could put us in the top 2.

Why do you think he wouldn't go for a win??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of course he will. We're play off certainties now; he's not going to set up for a draw in 5 winnable games that could put us in the top 2.

Why do you think he wouldn't go for a win??

He gave the game back to Burnley today so perhaps he will make the same mistakes in the coming games.

Sidwell has featured in 10 games this season for us.
Until today he'd come on in 5 games in the last 15 minutes and we'd won all of them. (Reading, MK Dons, Brentford, Bristol and Leeds)
The 2 games where he played a full 90 mins were the away draw at Hull and the home draw against Sheff Weds. Both creditable draws.
Even the game we lost he only played in the 2nd half (Cardiff).

The home game with Sheff Wed was a terrible game and two points dropped against a team missing their key attackers. It's exactly the kind of game that you need to win to finish top 2. If your argument is that we are not a top 2 team, then fair enough.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I find it difficult to look that far ahead. Just looking forward to Birmingham and hopefully a hard won three points.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He gave the game back to Burnley today so perhaps he will make the same mistakes in the coming games.
Or maybe he'll learn, or maybe the strikers will put a game to bed so we don't put ourselves under pressure. We should been 4-1 up by the 70th minute; you don't get that by not 'going for it'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here