Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Wilson still recovering from his Virus?

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
About 15 minutes into the 2nd half, he didn't seem to have any energy (having come onto the pitch with 5 mins of the first half remaining). I was surprised that it was Hemed to be replaced instead of Wilson, but I suppose they have all the data on the touch line.
There was no mention of it in the post match radio commentary whilst driving home?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think his virus must affect his ability to judge time and distance as whenever the ball is in the air he jumps underneath it

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No, he's fine. He just looks a little lackadaisical until a ball goes over the top and he gets motoring.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Thought Wilson was poor today. Has scored some good goals this season but is a long way from being a striker that could start week in week out in the Championship. His natural fitness does seem to be lacking, especially since his illness.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
To be honest, if he isn't suffering from a virus then he really wants to have a look at himself. Very very lazy performance when all his team mates were giving it everything. He's a match winner so worthy of his place but lack of endeavour is highly noticeable.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
We need players that give their all. He shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. At least Sidwell is only shit, Wilson is lazy and shit.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
To be honest, if he isn't suffering from a virus then he really wants to have a look at himself. Very very lazy performance when all his team mates were giving it everything. He's a match winner so worthy of his place but lack of endeavour is highly noticeable.

He completely bottled a challenge outside our box in the second half that was at worse 50/50 but may even have been 60/40 in his favour. Would rather give Hambo a go if fit

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Controversial.

And of course, completely wrong. Wilson is not shit.

But you're not contesting the lazy?
I'd rather see a shit player give his all than a potentially not shit player play like he couldn't care less. For me Wilson is a terrible option, even more so when Hemed (who is definately not shit) is subbed. But hell, I'm a Brighton fan, what do I know? :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
About 15 minutes into the 2nd half, he didn't seem to have any energy (having come onto the pitch with 5 mins of the first half remaining). I was surprised that it was Hemed to be replaced instead of Wilson, but I suppose they have all the data on the touch line.
There was no mention of it in the post match radio commentary whilst driving home?

He's not recovering, he's just a bit shit and has no desire to play for us really. Here's some news, long before any other players (the next was Greer and he didn't need a shower!) he was in the players car park milking fans adulation when most fans had still to make their way down to the train! Smacked of I'm out of here and not really interested or a team player (seriously, he was a good 35mins before any other players apart from Greer and not as if he could drive away so sat in his car for 45mins...) Not impressed. Hope BZ gets fit for the run in because Wilson is not putting a shift in IMO.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
He's not recovering, he's just a bit shit and has no desire to play for us really. Here's some news, long before any other players (the next was Greer and he didn't need a shower!) he was in the players car park milking fans adulation when most fans had still to make their way down to the train! Smacked of I'm out of here and not really interested or a team player (seriously, he was a good 35mins before any other players apart from Greer and not as if he could drive away so sat in his car for 45mins...) Not impressed. Hope BZ gets fit for the run in because Wilson is not putting a shift in IMO.

Perhaps he ran out (sorry, walked out) following a roasting from Calderwood et al

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We need players that give their all. He shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. At least Sidwell is only shit, Wilson is lazy and shit.

:nono:
Deary me. Too wrong for words.

If Murphy's cut-back had been any good, Wilson would have scored and everyone would have been loving him as before.
Fickle.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Think he has showed real glimpses of quality. I don't buy this "he doesn't care, he's not trying" nonsense. If he wants to get in the Utd team then he has to make a success of this loan. There's something wrong with him, he hasn't looked right since his illness. A professional footballer should not look knackered after 15 minutes. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out there is something seriously wrong with him.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Thought Wilson was poor today. Has scored some good goals this season but is a long way from being a striker that could start week in week out in the Championship. His natural fitness does seem to be lacking, especially since his illness.

I think he has looked disinterested in a lot of games.

When he first came on towards half-time, he looked really up for it. Second half was more business as usual.

He did motor into the box only for Murphy to play it behind him though so I guess he is more a fox in the box type player than a hold up player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Controversial.

And of course, completely wrong. Wilson is not shit.

He was very lazy today. Didn't bother to close down the keeper and defenders which led to them being able to build rather than just get rid of the ball. Very poor performance today IMO and offered no threat at all, is he scared of big players who clatter him?

All the other players gave 100%, I'd suggest he put in a disinterested loan player's shift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here