Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Burnley

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
On an expert display of hoofball to big blokes and-pray-for-corners
Not since the days of Southampton in the Championship, have I seen such a masterclass of top-end pub football.
Even the plan B of Kick/stamp/slap the best player on the pitch and then moan at the ref, was executed to a tee.
Worth Championship leaders.
:bowdown:

It's pretty effective so they'll probably go up but I think I'd rather watch a footballing side trying to win with skill, vision and flair.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It wasn't pretty and that's being kind. If they get promoted doubt they will care but it was dire. Personally think we should have closed it down more at source make it harder for them to ping accurate balls as we all knew it was going straight to Vokes to win and header and hope for the best. Horrible to watch

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Very poor footballing side, just a big strong unit, living off knock downs and set pieces, will get absolutely no where playing like that in the premier league again

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well they got what they came for and I'm sure the Burnley fans appreciate their team. Not my cup of tea though.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We were much the better footballing team , we just didn't take our chances , Burnley are the new Wimbledon of the championship

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Burnley are a team of dinosaurs which is fitting as they are from a location firmly stuck in the dark ages. Awful to watch, just awful. I'd like to be magnanimous but I agree with the poster who said that they are like Wimbledon, it's a kind of anti football.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Burnley are a team of dinosaurs which is fitting as they are from a location firmly stuck in the dark ages. Awful to watch, just awful. I'd like to be magnanimous but I agree with the poster who said that they are like Wimbledon, it's a kind of anti football.

this
but I would take a fit Ashley Barnes back

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Far be it from me quote anything nice about Burnley after that performance, but if we were in their position and away to a team closing in on us, I think we would just be happy with the result and maybe cursing that we were not given a clear goal.
But I would like to think that a majority of Brighton fans would agree that if Barton was one of ours, that he should have been sent off twice and is a disgrace.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If you've watched them this season you will not have been surprised. Set pieces + punt to Gray.

Sounds a bit like sour grapes though, they're shit but still managed to get a point all the same. We can hardly attest to our beautiful football when repeatedly attempt to pack the middle by bringing ince/crofts/sidwell on, sometimes as early as 60 mins, to 'kill off' a game with a single goal advantage.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Foul and archaic, but I envy their ability to get good balls in the box. I hated us sitting back and inviting them to do so. I would also hate us at times if we were them though.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I wouldn't. What is the obsession with him?

ask the others
3 thumbs up ..........................so I am not the only one

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I used to like them but they really do not let the 'beautiful game' live up to its moniker.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Save for two crap refs we would have had 6 points off them this season. Or maybe if we had had the refs the other way round.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here