Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Some love for the team

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
...ok , we're all a bit disappointed with the draw, totally outplayed the league leaders imo. They only looked a threat from a few set pieces.

A poor substitution aside (Hemed for Sidwell) I thought the lads played really well and not only outclassed Burnley but entertained the sell out crowd today.

Disappointed with the draw but still gave confidence this group will fight to the end and their class will prevail

UTA!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Enjoyed every minute of this season hope it ends how we all hope it will but whatever happens the joy of going to football has returned

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Hemed was knackered so had to come off but we could have brought on Lua Lua and put Murphy just behind Wilson.

We played well though and Burnley never looked like scoring from open play. It's just a shame we had the injury pile up in December as otherwise we'd almost certainly be top now.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Stunning from Kayal, Hemed and back four, Murphy and Knockaert. Really top performance. Great shame we didn't get the result.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Excellent performance from all the lads. Think that is why we are all sooo disappointed not to have won such a big match.

Onwards and upwards though

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Again, I remind myself what I would have been happy with in August, which was around 10th. This season has been superb and the suggestion that we have ceded second place to Middlesbrough when there are 21 points to play for seems a bit wide of the mark. We are playing well and we aren't losing. We are still right in this and even if we end up in the playoffs I will be bloody thrilled with that.

The worst case scenario is that we have another competitive season in a great division to look forward to. I'll take that too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good thread, and very well said. Great performance today!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Brilliant performances out these today, though Hemed, Baldock, Kayal and Bruno were exceptional but they all played well

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, brilliant team, in every way. Barton is ****ing **** though, and if I had the chance to head-butt him now, I'd probably take it (unlike Dunk, I wouldn't do it during the game).

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Great game. One of the best performances at the Amex. Only weak links were off the subs bench, Wilson and Sidwell.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Played Burnley off the park for long periods of the game. Looking forward to watching us smash Brum on Tuesday evening.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Really enjoyed the teams performance , apart from the defending from set plays , and not taking our chances . We should of won today

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Really enjoyed the teams performance , apart from the defending from set plays , and not taking our chances . We should of won today

Yes, you should. Burnley are well organised, but in the main a team of flat-track bullies and long ball merchants, whereas Albion play decent football and probably have more talent in their ranks overall. It's the main reason I'd prefer to see Boro and Brighton go up in the autos this year. Well, that and the fact I simply can't abide Sean Dyche.

Still Burnley could be off the top of the league by the end of the week.... It's no coincidence that out of the current top 4 they've had the most luck with injuries this season.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Excellent performance by the team, we were the better team, can IMO equal any team in this division, and should be promoted.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Talked to several Burnley fans on the way home and they separately said that we would do better in the Prem than them. After today can't argue with that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think we'll romp this league next year if we don't quite make it this year.
A couple more additions would give us the best squad in the league.
And, this time, the manager will not be uping sticks and ****ing off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here