player ratings v burnley

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
stockdale.........6 not an awful lot to do
bruno ......... 7 standard solid performance
goldson ......... 8 great find good prospect but until him and
dunk ........... 6 needs to grow up and concentrate for corners rather than trying to get his mans shirt off , the facial on vokes and the needless knee on barton while he was rolling around could have got him a card on another day.
rosenior .........6 just did enough , just
stephens .........7 not a bad game but looked shattered in 2nd half
kayal.......... 9 immense , the guy is a machine , if we don't go up liverpool are after him.
knockaert ..... 7.5 clearly capable of so much but had a few decent shooting opps on his left foot which he bottled.
murphy....... 6.5 as above , could have put it on a plate for wilson 2nd half......too lightweight
baldock....... 6 offered little
hemed....... 5 bloody hell.......you could be cruel and say he missed 2 sitters.....**** me we need to be putting these chances away

wilson...........5 can't suss out what his problem is , he looked knackered after 10 minutes and has the physical presence of a bunch of daffodils......along with murphy he is just too lightweight.

sidwell .........4 what does he offer really....?? i was thinking ch would bring off hemed and put kaz on in front of bong and try and finish the game but no he brings on sidwell and tries to see the game out ....again.....how many times...?? one bonus is we took burnley to the wire and i don't think we played that well ....could have been 4-1 at half time.

ref bell -end 4 , grinning linesman 2 , only had 2 off side decisions to make and got one badly wrong.

all in all......:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 6
Bruno 7
Rosenior 6
Goldson 8 fantastic performance
Dunk 6 - typical up and down performance
Stephens 7.5 best display in months
Kayal 8.5 - 10 for an hour but influence diminished late on
Murphy 7.5 - great except for the misplaced centre for Wilson
Knockeart - 7 - signs he's getting back to top form
Baldock - 7 excellent first 40 minutes
Hemed - 5.5 disappointing today hold up play and finishing sub standard

Wilson - 5 looked disinterested
Bong - 5 shaky
Sidwell - 5 no impact

Last edited:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Stocko - 6.5
Bruno - 7
Goldson - 8.5
Dunk - 5.5
Rosenior - 6
Knockaert - 8
Kayal - 9 (MOTM)
Stephens - 8.5
Murphy - 7.5
Hemed - 5
Baldock - 5.5

Wilson - 5
Bong - 6
Sidwell - 4.5

CH - 6.5

Pawson - 0.5

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Stockdale 6
Bruno 8.5
Rosenior 7
Goldson 8
Dunk 7
Stephens 8
Kayal 9 - MOM
Murphy 7
Knockeart 7.5
Baldock 7.5
Hemed 6

Wilson 5
Bong 5
Sidwell 5

We bossed them - should have won the game!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 7

Bruno 7
Rosenior 7
Goldson 7
Dunk 7

Kayal 8
Stephens 8
Murphy 7
Knockaert 8

Hemed 7
Baldock 6

Wilson 5
Bong 4
Sidwell 5

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Stockdale 7

Bruno 8
Rosenior 7
Goldson 8
Dunk 7

Kayal 8
Stephens 8
Murphy 6
Knockaert 7

Hemed 6
Baldock 6

Wilson 4
Bong 4
Sidwell 4

Thought Murphy was poor, had a number of chances but final ball and shooting was below par today. Hope Baldock is alright as he looked lively, Wilson was shit; why does he always puke? He's nowhere near the standard we need for promotion, let's hope Zamora is back soon.
Sidwell isn't up to it and Bong looked very rusty, hope he can quickly recover his early season form. Would love to see him and Lua Lua get a look in and destroy the opposition like they did last year.
Hemed should have scored, how many times have we said that this season?
Thought Goldson looked commanding but the whole defence seemed shaken when Bruno left the pitch.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale 7. Decent shot stopping and handling, but distribution questionable particularly early in the game when he threw the ball out to Murphy twice in five minutes and both times straight into touch. At least one other kick into touch.
Bruno 8. Very good game apart from a tendency to pass backwards a little too often.
Goldson 8. Great defending and excellent distribution ... again.
Dunk 7. Good overall game, but a couple of heart-in-mouth moments.
Rosenior 7. Good game.
Kayal 9. Magnificent. MOM.
Stephens 8. Much better performance again and well taken goal.
Murphy 7. Some very good stuff, but loses a point for "that" cross/pass.
Knockaert 7. Some poor crosses and decisions early in the game, but much improved as the game went on. An assist and a goal can't be bad.
Baldock 8. Thought he was playing well until injured.
Hemed 7. Some low scores on here, but I thought he had a decent game.

Subs:
Wilson 3. Very poor. What has happened to him? He started his loan period so well. Today lightweight and disinterested. CH should (in hindsight) have switched Murphy to play up front with Hemed and brought on either Lua Lua or Bong (switching Rosenior to right midfield).
Bong 5. Too slow to clear led indirectly to 2nd goal (or was it the goal line clearance?). In any case did not pick up the pace of the game quickly enough.
Sidwell 2. Awful.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I thought Hemed was very good today. Hold up play great, won headers, touch and lay offs good. Sure he may have scored one. But the 5/10 ratings on here are shocking.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Stocko - 7 Couldn't do anything about either goal, impeded for their 2nd
Bruno - 7
Goldson - 8
Dunk - 7
Rosenior - 7
Knockaert - 8 superb goal
Kayal - 9
Stephens - 8 lovely poacher's goal
Murphy - 7
Hemed - 6
Baldock - 5 hope his hamstring is ok as we'll need him

Wilson - 5
Bong - 6
Sidwell - 5

Pawson - -10 I thought he'd forgotten to take his cards.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Stockdale 6 - one regulation save, distribution not as good as his normal high standard
Bruno 7.5 - commanding performance again - the standing ovation when he came off was special
Rosenior 7- another strong performance from our most adaptable player
Goldson 8 - fouled for their equaliser - managed Gray manfully, great player
Dunk 7.5 - some fine moments from him, he is maturing nicely
Kayal 9 - colossal totally bossed the game - Barton..... Well you all know the rest
Stephens 7 - decent performance, out shone by the king.
Murphy 7.5 - I like him a lot, shame about the pass to Wilson, should have wrapped up the points
Knockaert 8 - lovely skills and passion. Some goal!

Hemed 7.5 - can't believe he would get any negative comments thought he had a great game. Nice interaction with the crowd to get us going again
Baldock 7.5 - we missed him when he came off, caused there defence lots of problems. Great shot which I thought was going in, decent save.

Wilson 4 - added nothing, very disappointing
Bong 5 - not up to speed yet, good to see him.back on the field though
Sidwell- 5 - hmmmm not really doing the job that is being asked of him... Would rather have kept Crofts

Crowd - 9 - great atmosphere- good noise all game , well nearly all game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6=average

Stockdale - 6 - Looked a little nervy, little to do, but needs to dominate his area a little more.
Bruno - 8.5 class
Rosenoir - 7.5
Dunk - 7.5
Goldson - 7
Kayal - 9
Stephens - 8
Knockaert - 6.5
Murphy - 6 - awful cut back in second half, when Wilson would have had a tap in
Baldock - 6
Hemed - 6 - ran his heart out for the cause, however bad iss in first half

Wilson - 5.5
Sidwell - 6 - great clearance off the line ;-) . Seriously, should have sent him to Gillingham and kept Crofts
Bong - 5 - asleep

Hughton - bad substitution for me with Sidwell, as in the end we dropped deeper and needed an 'out' ball ?KLL.

Crowd - brilliant today

Ref - 3 - missed everything.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stocko - 7
Bruno - 7
Goldson - 6 (thought he looked relatively poor today, still good but not his usual composed self)
Dunk - 6 or 7
Rosenior - 7
Knockaert - 7
Kayal - 9
Stephens - 8
Murphy - 7
Hemed - 8
Baldock - 6

Wilson - 5
Bong - 5
Sidwell - 4

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 6.5 as distribution a bit wayward at times
Bruno - 7.5
Goldson - 7.5
Dunk - 7 - daft foul that ultimately led to their 2nd ?
Rosenior - 7.5
Stephens - 7.5
Kayal - 9 - how good is this guy ?
Knockaert - 8.5
Murphy - 7.5
Hemed - 7
Baldock - 7

Wilson - 3
Sidwell - 3
Bong - 5

Frustrating to concede so late but it always looked likely as we sat deeper and deeper. The subs didn't work...Wilson was so lightweight, pushed off the ball all the time, Sidwell was pretty much a waste of space and Bong needs some time to get back up to speed. First half was tremendous, thought we were excellent.

Slightly frustrated but optimistic. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hemed was class - surprised at those scoring him low. Bong, Sidwell & Wilson the only bad game for me - everyone else looked very good. Played class for most of the game - only moans were obvious - set piece defending & a bit of tiredness at end inviting pressure... Played really well though and def play the best football in that league!

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 6 His distribution is usually good, he can be a good shot stopper, but he doesn't command his area well enough, and that is, I believe, a big factor in our poor defence of corners
Bruno - 7.5 We missed him when he went off
Goldson - 7 Solid
Dunk - 4.5 Really seemed off today. From the attempt to save a corner by kicking it out for a corner, to being out paced and out muscled by Grey. One good tackle near the end of the first half isn't enough.
Rosenior - 6.5 Seemed to lose something when he switched to the right
Stephens - 6.5
Kayal - 9 I don't often gives nine, and would give him an 8, but I thought he deserved an extra point for not rising to Barton's targeting of him
Knockaert - 7.5 Did tire and tail off toward the end, but for the most part was a constant danger
Murphy - 5.5 Wasted too many good opportunities with poor balls in the final third. We could have had the game tied up if he made better choices/executed his passes better
Baldock - 6.5 Started promisingly, I think we missed him when he went off, too.
Hemed - 7 Some lovely flicks.Was obviously tiring after his international adventures, but not sure we had the right options on the bench.

Wilson - 5 His first appearance had so much promise, but he seems to contribute so little. Too lightweight, and seems to play for himself more than the team
Bong - 4.5 Not the Bong he was before he left, hopefully that's just a matter of match time.
Sidwell - 4 I forgot he was on the pitch. I'm not going to credit him with a clearance that was bad refereeing and wasn't actually a clearance.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Well it's a game of opinions - Hemed was immense in his hold up and lay off play - what were you lot watching? I though all the back four were very good too, just their set pieces are excellent, other than that they had nothing. Both wingers very good, Kayal near perfect and Stephens excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here