Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any tiler vacancies

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ben received his wages last month but his boss, who has had his trade account stopped for non payment, deducted £200 from his wages as he said he f...d up a job. This month he has stopped him £400 with the same excuse. What will he stop him next month ? Why employ him if he f..s up jobs? Is what he is doing legal?

I told Ben he is being taken for a mug by his boss and should look for another job. He lives in Guildford but can drive and has his own car, any suggestions.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ben received his wages last month but his boss, who has had his trade account stopped for non payment, deducted £200 from his wages as he said he f...d up a job. This month he has stopped him £400 with the same excuse. What will he stop him next month ? Why employ him if he f..s up jobs? Is what he is doing legal?

I told Ben he is being taken for a mug by his boss and should look for another job. He lives in Guildford but can drive and has his own car, any suggestions.

Poor lad - sounds like he's being ripped off. Citizen's Advice for some free legal advice I'd think, probably followed by Small Claims Court ? What the boss is doing is not legal unless he has just cause, which would have involved formal warnings etc.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What sort of tiler? Roof or ceramic wall and floor tiler.

I know of a good job as a recruitment consultant and based in Surrey.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ceramic wall and Floor

He needs to know what mistakes he is being accused of by his boss, his boss also should give him the opportunity to rectify his mistakes rather than just stop his wages.

Tell him to think about starting his own small business if he is good at his job.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

NSC: You want answers?
BG: I think I'm entitled to.
NSC: You want answers?*
BG: I want the roof!*
NSC: You can't handle the roof!*

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He needs to know what mistakes he is being accused of by his boss, his boss also should give him the opportunity to rectify his mistakes rather than just stop his wages.

Tell him to think about starting his own small business if he is good at his job.

Both his dad and I suggested that but being young (21) he needs a boss to answer to as regards taking a day off cos he wants to go to a game, not that he does, but I think that he would if self employed. I think that he is good at his job but then I would he is my grandson and I may be blinkered.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Poor old Ben is having the piss taken out of him with this BG. Speaking as an accountant I can't see how this is legitimate.

I'd get onto Citizen's Advice or perhaps if there is a forum for tradesmen he could get onto to discuss. Might be worth a try. Good luck to him, BG.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is a clear offence in employment law known as "illegal withholding of wages"
Suggest that Ben reads this to see if it applies to his case
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/D.../Employment/e-employer-withholds-your-pay.pdf
And if it does, then as @Buzzer suggests he should get down to Citizen's Advice, and they'll be able to tell him how to take it further.
But make sure he has a another job first, because he won't retain his current one if he sues his boss.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I have been tiling for over thirty years which we carry out on our shower/bath rooms/and kitchens that we fit.
We have just come across a so called project manager who is refusing payment for over a grand.
The work is perfect but he has called us tinpot and has warned us from contacting his client/accountant/him or he will call the police for harassment.

Guess what I did next :)

Looks like for the first time in over forty years the small claims court is going to be busy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been tiling for over thirty years which we carry out on our shower/bath rooms/and kitchens that we fit.
We have just come across a so called project manager who is refusing payment for over a grand.
The work is perfect but he has called us tinpot and has warned us from contacting his client/accountant/him or he will call the police for harassment.

Guess what I did next :)

Looks like for the first time in over forty years the small claims court is going to be busy.

The problem in such cases is a court is usually the only answer. I knew a woman who worked for Gleesons some years ago and she was told to withhold payment to single subcontractors as they would probably go under so Gleesons wouldnt have to pay them. Terrible attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here