Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Away End

Sussex_Martlet

Feb 12, 2012
I have enough points for Charlton away but waiting on mates who do not.

Been to Charlton 5 or so times and only ever sat in those front five or six blocks (A,B,C...), down from the walkway.

I've been keeping an eye on sales on the site and currently on to Block D.

Does anyone know if the blocks at the back are part of A,B,C or completely different ones G,H,I...?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I have enough points for Charlton away but waiting on mates who do not.

Been to Charlton 5 or so times and only ever sat in those front five or six blocks (A,B,C...), down from the walkway.

I've been keeping an eye on sales on the site and currently on to Block D.

Does anyone know if the blocks at the back are part of A,B,C or completely different ones G,H,I...?

I tried to find this out earlier. Charlton divide their whole stadium up in to easy to understand blocks. There are easy to find, stadium plans on the internet. Yet the away end is just The Jimmy Seed Stand and a big grey block, like this:

Charlton-Athletic__The_Valley__chart-big.jpg

The problem with Charlton is that the seats at the back have no view at all. So the people who like to stand do not congregate where they normally do. The ones at the front have a better view, but if you stand you block the disabled section. Same problem every time we play there.

The club really should offer a broad, front or back option for away matches.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I tried to find this out earlier. Charlton divide their whole stadium up in to easy to understand blocks. There are easy to find, stadium plans on the internet. Yet the away end is just The Jimmy Seed Stand and a big grey block, like this:

View attachment 73377

The problem with Charlton is that the seats at the back have no view at all. So the people who like to stand do not congregate where they normally do. The ones at the front have a better view, but if you stand you block the disabled section. Same problem every time we play there.

The club really should offer a broad, front or back option for away matches.

Last season there were a few games where we could choose our seats, Cardiff and Rotherham come to mind, that was really helpful, although I guess a bit of a logistical nightmare when 3,000 tickets needs to be sorted, its not like home tickets where we just print our own.

Sussex_Martlet

Feb 12, 2012
I have managed to find that its blocks A-F at the front then G-L at back.

Will keep an eye on sales and may have to panic buy Sunday if we beat Burnley tomo.

Only ever sat in front blocks had the blocking the disabled area a couple of times, terrible design.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Last season there were a few games where we could choose our seats, Cardiff and Rotherham come to mind, that was really helpful, although I guess a bit of a logistical nightmare when 3,000 tickets needs to be sorted, its not like home tickets where we just print our own.

I'm not asking for specific choices though, it cannot be that hard to start at the front for people who want to be there, and start at the back for those who want that option, surely?

At Charlton especially, it is important that those who want to stand are behind the disabled section. I think a department entirely dedicated to selling tickets should be able to organise this.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
..although in this case hopefully some common sense is exercised in making sure the disabled can see.
Last season when we were away at Spurs some old fella turned up 25 minutes late and lost his lid at me and my mate as we were "in his seats". We tried to explain that is simply isn't feasible for away games but he turned purple, said he would write to the club about the disgusting attitude of the fans, seemed a bit OTT.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I can get my ticket on Monday but my 11 yr old son falls just 3 points short of 1050 points. Are there likely to be tickets available Wednesday morning?

Or if anyone with enough points not going could kindly let me use their loyalty points to get my son's ticket, it would be very much appreciated!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
love charlton,standing all match,have a beer and a smoke in the corner near the gates,stewards always pleasant,no tubes...what's not to like.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Absolutely this - as for sitting in your allocated seat - WHAAAAAAT??????

well i thinks its a case of if you lates find a space and enjoy

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Fair enough for people sitting around the front if they've specifically requested seats but for everyone else, if you want "YOUR" seat then turn up early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here