Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex to Rottingdean

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've got to get from the Amex to Rottingdean village tomorrow and not sure of the best way. Thinking it might be P&R to Racecourse and bus from there or is there a bus i can pick up at/near The Amex that will do the job?

Cheers!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've got to get from the Amex to Rottingdean village tomorrow and not sure of the best way. Thinking it might be P&R to Racecourse and bus from there or is there a bus i can pick up at/near The Amex that will do the job?

Cheers!

Number 2 runs from the Racecourse to Rottingdean.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
A pleasant stroll if you have a few hours to spare. All downhill at the end

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Occasionally, depending on the driver, the racecourse P&R will stop in Warren Road just opposite The Downs, so you could jump off there if he does and walk down Falmer Road to Rottingdean. Probably quicker than going right back to the racecourse, waiting for a No. 2 bus just to take you back the way you came.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Occasionally, depending on the driver, the racecourse P&R will stop in Warren Road just opposite The Downs, so you could jump off there if he does and walk down Falmer Road to Rottingdean. Probably quicker than going right back to the racecourse, waiting for No 2 just to take you back the way you came.

Cheers, was looking at map and thinking the same myself ... will give it a go and hope to avoid Jobsworth

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Cheers, was looking at map and thinking the same myself ... will give it a go and hope to avoid Jobsworth

I'll be interested how long this takes you. I go to/from Rottingdean and always get the bus/train combo. Wonder if I've been doing it wrong the whole time. Usually find from the North Stand I'm on the first or 2nd train out of Falmer and straight onto one of the many buses along the coast.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'll be interested how long this takes you. I go to/from Rottingdean and always get the bus/train combo. Wonder if I've been doing it wrong the whole time. Usually find from the North Stand I'm on the first or 2nd train out of Falmer and straight onto one of the many buses along the coast.

I've walked from the amex to Rottingdean in just over an hour on a good day. The downhill part from woodingdean I'd say 25 to 35 minutes maximum

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Just as an FYI, last few times people have asked to stop the Racecourse PR drivers have said no. Not sure they do this anymore

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Don't be surprised if he won't though. Most of them won't do it because they're not supposed to.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
What sort of time are you going?

I'm driving that route tomorrow after watching the match at Sussex Uni, I might help if you promise you're not a mad German cannibal who wants to kill and eat me :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

That's easier after a night game as the 27, 14 and 12 stop right outside the station. Having said that, the 27 and 14 are good options for Rottingdean, for the OP.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What sort of time are you going?

I'm driving that route tomorrow after watching the match at Sussex Uni, I might help if you promise you're not a mad German cannibal who wants to kill and eat me :)

That would be absolutely brilliant ... have PM'd

No promises though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here