Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to be buried or cremated?...

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
...or something else?

I was thinking about this last night. I'd quite like to be buried at sea but have no idea to the cost or even if it is allowed these days.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
...or something else?

I was thinking about this last night. I'd quite like to be buried at sea but have no idea to the cost or even if it is allowed these days.

Just hire out a fishing boat and get someone to throw you off the edge, no one will ever find out

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Dissolved in acid, buried under the patio or chopped up into pieces and fed to pigs. I think one of those is how the missus will deal with my corpse, unless I die of natural causes before she gets around to it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
...or something else?

You must be the nosiest person on Nsc. Either that or you're very bored.

As an aside, I am entitled to be buried at sea by the Royal Navy.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just leave me out on the porch.
Would be fun scaring the kids as they walked past the house.

abe1b2ef4475cd30e49664d33538aa45.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Viking burial.

I have no particular beliefs that would give this more context, just that I think it'd be a pretty cool way to go.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Had a massive fear of being buried alive ever since I remember. As such I would rather be cremated. My logic is that I would rather be burnt alive than buried alive

I realise this is largely irrational.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Had a massive fear of being buried alive ever since I remember. As such I would rather be cremated. My logic is that I would rather be burnt alive than buried alive

That's my worry too but the funeral people will embalm you (i.e. suck the blood out of you) so there is no chance of you waking up in the darkness inside the coffin. :)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Cremation, then a scattering of ashes. Not at The Amex - but maybe at sea or familiar stretch of river etc.

I witnessed a scattering of ashes when on board an RNLI lifeboat out in the Channel. We were due for a routine sea survival training session but joined by some smartly dressed and rather elderly punters who initially looked out of place, but discovered they were onboard to have a friend's ashes scattered. The deceased previously had some nautical association.

At the appointed time the Cox brought the lifeboat to a halt, the dignitaries assembled at the stern rail and were instructed to maintain a grip. The Cox then gently increased the engine throttles and eased the rudder hard over until the bows of the lifeboat rose steeply above the water and started to spin on her stern, remaining beautifully on station, although the deck was now quite inclined, needing a firm footing. A few formal words and a prayer, then the ashes were scattered just at the right moment - downwind(!).

Dignified and different. Helped that it was decent weather with calm-ish seas of course. Lifeboats are not comfortable in a swell, so conditions would be a factor.

Being a charitable organisation I imagine this is open to anyone making a suitable donation?

When the ceremony finished I was grateful that the Cox moved the lifeboat to a different patch of water before chucking us overboard for our sea survival training session. Didn't fancy a lungful of ashes. Helped to defuse the mood too.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Gonna say. Lots of people I know say they wouldn't like to be buried as they are "claustrophobic".

Whereas being set on fire is fine.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
How bizarre. I've just been into the funeral parlour and paid for my funeral and want to be cremated and don't want anyone of my family to attend and don't want any church service.

£2,000 it cost me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
cremated in Brighton
ashs .........................................well Stanmer Woods would be nice, great place and close to the Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here