Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes Back In Contention For Brighton Clash

Ryde

Sep 22, 2005
Carisbrooke
Ashley Barnes is set for a timely return to the Clarets squad ahead of the weekend visit back to his former club Brighton.
The striker came through his latest Development Squad outing at WBA with no reaction earlier this week.
And following an Achilles injury to Rouwen Hennings, the former Albion hitman could find himself back in contention for Saturday’s sell-out lunchtime clash at the Amex.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh bollox. That's that then. NAILED ON to come on as a sub with 5 minutes left and score the winner. :nono:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7344070 said:
But will he celebrate? ???

:banana:

After the amount of crap he got from some supporters, I wouldn't blame him if he did.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
In the space of seconds, I saw that Barnes is back and Zamora won't play - oh, and Holloway is predicting a Burnley win. All pointing towards an Albion 3 points then!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An Ashley worldy coming up :down:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Given his Championship scoring record, and the fact that he's not played for the best part of a year, I'd say that it's more likely that Bridcutt would've scored against us in the 2 Leeds games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
More to the point what reception will he get from our fans? I will clap the announcement of his place on trhe bench then hope he doesnt come on until it is too late to influence the result and us winning comfortably.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
After the amount of crap he got from some supporters QUOTE]

And justifiably so, I'm my opinion (despite what some supporters thought/think of him then and now)

Couldn't stand the bloke, and shed no tears when he left

Know he will probably come on and score for them, but he gets no polite round of applause from me if he comes on as sub, just the usual expletive-driven vocals aimed in his direction

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Should he score, Ash doing an Adebayor would not surprise me whatsoever. Revealing a t-shirt underneath with two fingers might push it a touch too far though.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Anything that weakens their team is OK by me.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
  1. Barnes scores in a 0-1 loss to Burnley.
  2. Previous Barnes haters screaming out as to why we didn't sign him in the window.
  3. BHA lose in the Play-Off Final - 1 point off second place (FFS Barnes).
  4. Previous Barnes haters screaming out to sign Barnes who is excess to Burnley's requirements in the Premier League.
  5. Barnes signs for BHA start of 16/17.
  6. All of NSC happy with Barnes.
  7. Barnes scores 1 in 3 in first 9 games of 16/17.
  8. Previous Barnes haters screaming as to why we signed Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here