Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry to return for England?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not a John Terry fan, but I'd not be disappointed if he went, he doesn't have the pace but he's an exceptional defender, especially when compared to Smalling, Cahill and Jagielka.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not a John Terry fan, but I'd not be disappointed if he went, he doesn't have the pace but he's an exceptional defender, especially when compared to Smalling, Cahill and Jagielka.

Ignoring all the other reasons why he should not go - he has been terrible this season, he was dropped for Cahill.

He just doesnt deserve to be selected on form.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ignoring all the other reasons why he should not go - he has been terrible this season, he was dropped for Cahill.

He just doesnt deserve to be selected on form.
Wasn't Cahill then not dropped himself, hence why he was trying to leave Chelsea?
I think he's a tosser, but he can still defend imo. Also worth remembering that Hodgson generally discards form when selecting his squad, hence he's desperate to take Wilshire and Rooney.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah, lets have him back, Adam Johnson too, a side we can be proud of.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wasn't Cahill then not dropped himself, hence why he was trying to leave Chelsea?
I think he's a tosser, but he can still defend imo. Also worth remembering that Hodgson generally discards form when selecting his squad, hence he's desperate to take Wilshire and Rooney.

Chelsea are 10th in the league currently, mainly because they can not defend, at times it's been comical I wouldn't have Cahill and I wouldn't have Terry.

Least with Stones, who has not been great he can (hopefully) learn from his mistakes

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Based purely on football terms, I'd say he is still better than any of the other centre halves in the England team and someone like Stones would benefit from playing alongside him. I don't really rate Cahill, Smalling or Jones. However, there does seem to be a 'togetherness' and a team spirit in the squad that hasn't been seen in a long a time and I'm not convinced that Terry's presence wouldn't upset that a bit. He's one of the last remaining 'old guard' and for that reason, It's a no from me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had we taken both him and Ashley Cole to the World Cup we have progressed further than we did but time has caught up with him so the answer now must be NO he has passed his best before date. For a 1 off game he wouldnt let you down but for a tournament of 3 weeks he is not capable now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I bet they said the same about Maldini once upon a time over in Italy.

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015

Have you been watching him this season? This has been one of the worst seasons of his career and btw Smalling has been one of the best centrebacks in the league this season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
At which point have I been for or against his inclusion or claimed he is better or worse than what we have? For some people here who claim to know all there is about football, and beyond, comparing a player by personality alone tells me something very different about them.

Nuff said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here