Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Collector?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Collecting is a popular pastime. Are you one? If so what do you collect?
For me it is mainly contemporary studio art glass.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Not so much these days, but back at my parents house I have all my video consoles and games boxed up. Ranging from master system to nes. Love getting them out to play whenever I'm back visiting!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Not so much these days, but back at my parents house I have all my video consoles and games boxed up. Ranging from master system to nes. Love getting them out to play whenever I'm back visiting!

Keep 'em, little treasure trove there if you have old electronic working kit/games!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ive been actively collecting football shirts since around 2001.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Which is your most treasured?

Brighton home shirts, probably my John Byrne matchworn home shirt from 1991/1993 season or maybe my squad signed Centenary home shirt. I also have a Vicente match shirt which is pretty special.
Away shirts, I have a John Crumplin NOBO wavy line matchworn shirt which I quite like.
I also have a one of a kind Palookaville shirt in burgundy and gold which was the unchosen prototype, FBS chose the navy blue one to use in his album launch.

The collection has somewhat grown over the years, now my focus is on replacing my replica shirts with matchworn shirts. I've done quite well so far, I guess I'll carry on the hobby for a while.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Superphil, how the hell do you get hold of those? I'm impressed. This for me is what will be worth money in 20-30years.

"Palookaville shirt in burgundy and gold which was the unchosen prototype" I should think that John Bryne shirt is precious too.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Phil my son has the red santex shirt age 8 i would imagine its pretty rare as most kids would of trashed theirs?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I kind of collect CDs and vinyl. By kind of, I mean I don't buy everything on every format by the artists I like, more I just buy a lot. I also have a penchant for Alexander McQueen although I'm not sure if I'm a collector; how many pieces makes you a collector?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Superphil, how the hell do you get hold of those? I'm impressed. This for me is what will be worth money in 20-30years.

"Palookaville shirt in burgundy and gold which was the unchosen prototype" I should think that John Bryne shirt is precious too.

I guess I've built up a few contacts over the years, and I keep my ear to the ground, or just simply ask people. The Palookaville shirt was bought in a REMF auction, one of the more expensive ones I've bought. JB was always my favourite player so to get my hands on that shirt, from him personally was rather special.

Phil my son has the red santex shirt age 8 i would imagine its pretty rare as most kids would of trashed theirs?

The Ribero, Admiral or Super League one? Generally the Goldstone era shirts have more value for the reason you make, and also that fewer were made back in those days, especially the away shirts. It's also fair to say that adult size shirts tend to be more desirable, but to a collector, a shirt he or she doesn't have, is always of interest.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I kind of collect CDs and vinyl. By kind of, I mean I don't buy everything on every format by the artists I like, more I just buy a lot. I also have a penchant for Alexander McQueen although I'm not sure if I'm a collector; how many pieces makes you a collector?

What is your favourite genre of music and medium though? Kinda curious

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Vinyl records, mainly rock, blues and folk from 1967-74, and 77-81.
Glen Baxter cartoon books/plates/mugs
Dr Seuss books
Terry Pratchett novels

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here