Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got a spare half a million pounds?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
19473_4067656_IMG_01_0000_max_135x100.jpg

3 bedroom terraced house for sale - Toronto Terrace, BRIGHTON, East Sussex - £500,000 ???

I like the agents comment ""Do not be fooled by the apparent insouciant attitude of this refurbished Victorian three bedroom house.."

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I live in a 1 bedroom house at the moment, which are going for £325,000 in today's market.
If I even had half a million pounds on tap, the wife and myself would jump at the chance to move back to Sussex in a shot :)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Kitchen looks fairly high end too, and I like the fold away doors that completely remove the back wall into the garden. Still insanely priced, but it'll likely sell.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
The use of a wide angle lens makes it look a lot bigger than it is. Everything is distorted and stretched. Look at the front door in image 3 :) With the rear 2 storey extension and converted loft it's still only 1037 sq ft. Before it would've been about 650 sq ft. Good luck to the vendors if they get the asking price, though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To be fair, those houses are bigger then they look.

doesnt mean that 500k isnt bonkers. i recall 20 years ago you could have picked up somthing similar for 1/10th, in need a bit of repair but you could get a grant from the council to help with that. passed it up at the time... :facepalm:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Kitchen looks fairly high end too, and I like the fold away doors that completely remove the back wall into the garden. Still insanely priced, but it'll likely sell.

So right, but the kitchen looks a bit of a mess, too much clutter.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I remember a guy I went to school with bought a 1 bedder repo for £10k at auction in 1991

> £5k per sq/metre, its not as if this property is even finished to a high standard

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I live in a 1 bedroom house at the moment, which are going for £325,000 in today's market.
If I even had half a million pounds on tap, the wife and myself would jump at the chance to move back to Sussex in a shot :)

Used to go up to Ruislip quite a lot when my cuz lived there and I was in Camden. She had a four bed semi and they weren't cheap! Mind you, there were some very decent plots up there considering 20 mins to central London.

As for this Brighton one, my downstairs bog is more des res than that!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Used to go up to Ruislip quite a lot when my cuz lived there and I was in Camden. She had a four bed semi and they weren't cheap! Mind you, there were some very decent plots up there considering 20 mins to central London.

As for this Brighton one, my downstairs bog is more des res than that!

Prices round here have gone to the ridiculous, considering we paid £62,000 for our shed 19 years ago.
As you have said its pretty decent around here, but the great thing, as you have said is that central London is only 20 mins away by tube, but about 30 mins by car, if you are lucky, considering all the bloody cameras and speed restrictions on the A40.
A few years ago, we used to drive in on a Sunday and park for free in Hyde Park.
Now you pay for your life......

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Some Cockerknee with deep pockets will snap it up as a holiday home now the Euro frighteners are out ....

Will work out a straight swap for his Villa in Marbelle.

Risk Management init?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
A 3 bed mid terrace near me in Poets is on market for £550k. It's well finished and has bi folding doors to garden, nice kitchen etc, but £550k!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here