Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Cat Empire, Concorde 2 tonight

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone else a fan of the rather wonderful Cat Empire who are playing in Brighton tonight for what I think is the first time?

The Concorde 2 will be a bit of a change from where I last saw them, at The Royal Albert Hall of all places, where [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION], amongst others, got his groove on. (Just don't mention the pre-gig pizza).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt0S6_c-DSs

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Cat Empire = class
Mentioning pre-gig pizza disaster = less so

Enjoy the gig!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
hhhmm... not blown away by any of those songs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
hhhmm... not blown away by any of those songs.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure I've ever listened to a random 30 second clip of a song and been 'blown away'.

Their live shows are always great fun, but I'm not trying to sell them to anyone. I was just curious if there were any other fans of what is a little-known band playing locally tonight.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There are few bands that get me up and dancing - Cat Empire are one of those few. Brilliant live.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Their live shows are always great fun, but I'm not trying to sell them to anyone. I was just curious if there were any other fans of what is a little-known band playing locally tonight.

:bigwave:

Few years ago I happened to be propping up the bar in The Landsdown in Lewes when one of the regulars put a selection on their LPs on the jukebox. Had never heard of them at the time but made a note of their name on my phone which I of course got pissed and forgot completely about. Was a welcome surprise when I stumbled upon said note and got them up on Spotify.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
:bigwave:

Few years ago I happened to be propping up the bar in The Landsdown in Lewes when one of the regulars put a selection on their LPs on the jukebox. Had never heard of them at the time but made a note of their name on my phone which I of course got pissed and forgot completely about. Was a welcome surprise when I stumbled upon said note and got them up on Spotify.

Of all people!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here