Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't like it when I saw the promotional shots.

I like it even less now having seen it in action. The ridiculous grey shoulders are one thing, but those stupid red SOCKS will annoy me all summer. I hope we get knocked out in the group.

There. I said it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
...ill-fitting white Umbro polo shirts, Navy Donnay shorts and slazenger tennis socks would be such an improvement over that new kit.
Plus, pick up the official kit from Sports Direct for £7.50 (RRP £156.00).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I didn't like it when I saw the promotional shots.

I like it even less now having seen it in action. The ridiculous grey shoulders are one thing, but those stupid red SOCKS will annoy me all summer. I hope we get knocked out in the group.

There. I said it.

Are those supposed red socks very orange in hue?, or is it the colour temperature on my tv making them appear so?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are those supposed red socks very orange in hue?, or is it the colour temperature on my tv making them appear so?

No, they are red.

FFS, if they just wore the away socks with the home kit, and the home socks with the away kit, then its (largely) problem solved, apart from those poncy shoulders. But no. I guess some chinless ponytailed WANKER at Nike came up with this complete abortion of a home/away England kit, quaffed his skinny latté and PRESTO - we're cuffing lumbered with it for the next 2 years. I shouldn't give a rats shit, cos I haven't bought an England shirt since about 2002, but just looking at us in this kit makes me want to throw things at the screen and hurt people.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The worst ever England "Home" kit?

Apologies if this is posed on another thread.

Certainly a contender.

But isn't the whole goal of designing a new kit to produce one worse than any that have gone before? When did a new kit EVER look better than the old one? - not since we dumped that all-striped one (including the shorts ffs!) maybe?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
All the new kits have gone tits up.

Looking at Toffs, we could do a lot worse than get every team domestic and international go back to 1976 and wear those classic kits again.

They would all look better on the pitch and on the supporters in the stands.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
No, they are red.

FFS, if they just wore the away socks with the home kit, and the home socks with the away kit, then its (largely) problem solved, apart from those poncy shoulders. But no. I guess some chinless ponytailed WANKER at Nike came up with this complete abortion of a home/away England kit, quaffed his skinny latté and PRESTO - we're cuffing lumbered with it for the next 2 years. I shouldn't give a rats shit, cos I haven't bought an England shirt since about 2002, but just looking at us in this kit makes me want to throw things at the screen and hurt people.

I'm with you, though I suspect there was at least one chinless wonder at the FA getting excited about the branding possibilities that clashing socks would bring.

Or something equally bloody ludicrous anyway. You just know they used pie charts.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Certainly a contender.

But isn't the whole goal of designing a new kit to produce one worse than any that have gone before? When did a new kit EVER look better than the old one? - not since we dumped that all-striped one (including the shorts ffs!) maybe?

the kit we had for the 2010 WC was class both home and away, largely because it was plain white for home, and plain red for away.

FFS it's not bloody hard.

Umbro-England-2010-World-Cup-Kits.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just looked on Sports Direct and they've got the new shirts and associated crap, could have done a lot worse than these for new home and away tops.

37137401_5pl.jpg

37137461_5pl.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here