Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Always there is a woman involved"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades had responded to a reporter's question about whether the hijacker was motivated by romance, by laughing and saying: "Always there is a woman involved."

Discuss.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Maybe it was a late audition for the next cadbury's milk tray man.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not so funny for anybody, passengers, flight crew, absolutely shitting themselves on that plane. Or anybody waiting for news of their loved ones on the ground. Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades should have a rare moment of insight and resign immediately. Complete :tosser:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Not so funny for anybody, passengers, flight crew, absolutely shitting themselves on that plane. Or anybody waiting for news of their loved ones on the ground. Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades should resign. Complete tw*t.

To be fair, the quote was made AFTER the situation had been resolved peacefully.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
To be fair, the quote was made AFTER the situation had been resolved peacefully.

I'm pretty sure it was still ongoing but might be wrong. The 'joke' was certainly reported on the live updates before reports the man had been arrested and all the hostages were safe...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades had responded to a reporter's question about whether the hijacker was motivated by romance, by laughing and saying: "Always there is a woman involved."

Discuss.
I saw it shown on the news this morning. Totally unacceptable for a leader to be laughing and joking while there were still hostages on board. Complete clown.

No it wasn't, I saw it on the news this morning, before I posted on the hijack thread, long before it was over.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Dealing with a hijacking situation is like making love to a beautiful woman...

_45313120_swisstoni226282.jpg markedcard.jpg

Ted Roach Swiss Tony

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not so funny for anybody, passengers, flight crew, absolutely shitting themselves on that plane. Or anybody waiting for news of their loved ones on the ground. Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades should have a rare moment of insight and resign immediately. Complete :tosser:

It seems quite an apt statement for me, a little bit of humour after the event when everyone was safe, rather than a terrorist event it was something far less sinister for all countries involved, and yes there usually is always a woman involved when a man does something absolutely stupid.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It seems quite an apt statement for me, a little bit of humour after the event when everyone was safe, rather than a terrorist event it was something far less sinister for all countries involved, and yes there usually is always a woman involved when a man does something absolutely stupid.

You mean like the promise of 72 virgins promised for gullible martyrs, terrorists or suicide bombers? Of 71 if they include themselves in the count.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You mean like the promise of 72 virgins promised for gullible martyrs, terrorists or suicide bombers? Of 71 if they include themselves in the count.

There was only four and twenty virgins who came down from Inverness :(

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

So, were any of people shitting themselves known to you?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here