Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fan in court accused of trying to punch Crystal Palace's eagle mascot

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know which one I'd be backing in The World's Hardest Creature contest
A mosquito that happened to be passing by? A creature so tough that it takes on people 10 million times its size and wins, and kills more humans than any other creature.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A mosquito that happened to be passing by? A creature so tough that it takes on people 10 million times its size and wins, and kills more humans than any other creature.

Thats not being hard though is it. Its just sly.

Wait till I see it, then lets see how "hard" that mozzie is.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
That appears a bit odd to me (not punching a Palace Eagle), but it being attempted criminal damage. I have always thought of criminal damage as being against an inanimate object such as a wall or bus stop.

Surely there is some form of actual crime category for it being against an animal?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That appears a bit odd to me (not punching a Palace Eagle), but it being attempted criminal damage. I have always thought of criminal damage as being against an inanimate object such as a wall or bus stop.

Surely there is some form of actual crime category for it being against an animal?
Should the woman who put the cat in the bin be charged with criminal damage?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I think it is because he didn't actually hit the bird. It would then have been animal cruelty. As it is, the closest charge is attempted criminal damage.

SAC

May 21, 2014
They were all released on bail on the condition they do not attend designated football matches or any town or London borough on the day Charlton are playing there.

Lucky them!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Surely it would be attempted animal cruelty?

Either way you have got to be a total tool to try and punch an eagle

I don't think there is such a charge, although willing to learn from anybody who does know.

I agree he's a an idiot just the same as that Newcastle fan who punched the horse.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Was wondering exactly that. Would there not be a charge of attempted harm to a protected species ?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Had a bit of a search and it would appear it is criminal damage of property due to being a tamed animal

'Property

The definition of property for the purposes of criminal damage is found in s.10(1) Criminal Damage Act 1971. Property embraces only tangible property. It includes real property (land and buildings) and personal property. Money is also included. By virtue of s.10(1) (a) animals are only included if they are tamed or ordinarily kept in captivity and under s.10(1)(b) wild mushrooms, fruit, flowers, foliage and plants are excluded.'

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Surely it would be attempted animal cruelty?

Either way you have got to be a total tool to try and punch an eagle
I wonder if that's even an existing charge...I mean, as you've correctly stated, you would have to be a complete tool to try and punch an eagle (or any animal) but how daft must you be to fail at it?!

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Here you go

Donald-trump-eagle.PNG

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not sure what's worse for the Eagle, having someone take a swing and miss or have some sh**ty blue/ red ribbons tied to it's legs most weeks and have to perform for a bunch of degenerate inbred mongs. It's all pretty unsavoury animal cruelty in my book.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here