Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton tickets

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Sorry if fixtures - but we are getting 3100 for this one. The words "initial allocation" are
not on the seagulls website.

Bearing in mind the potential gravity of this game, an MK Dons effect and an easy
away trip (from Brighton - sorry Worthing people) - do we normally get more than that
if demand is there?

Just worried as a season ticket holder (one of my favourite away games)
with a low numbers of points :(

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Would look unlikley that we will get more.

This is from tothe92.co.uk

'Away Fans

Up to 3,000 visiting supporters can be catered for and they are situated in the Jimmy Seed Stand at the south end of the ground. This build is above pitch level, making for very good views of the playing surface. If the visiting team are unlikely to sell their full allocation, this end may be shared with home fans.'

I would also assume that even if they could give us extra tickets in another stand they probably wouldn't want to. They may be as good as down by then and will probably have enough to deal with with the protests rather than worrying about more segregation. Just my opinion obviously

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Sorry if fixtures - but we are getting 3100 for this one. The words "initial allocation" are

Bearing in mind the potential gravity of this game, an MK Dons effect and an easy
away trip (from Brighton - sorry Worthing people) - do we normally get more than that
if demand is there?

Allocation is 3050 according to this: https://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1516/AWAY_CharltonAthletic.pdf

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
cheers Socks. I hate to sound arrogant - and with all respect to Charlton who I like a lot -
but if the demand is there and they had the space
it seems to fly in the face of business sense not to try and accommodate more people.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In theory we can get promoted at Charlton, although unlikely.

10,000 could be after 3,000 tickets.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
W
Up to 3,000 visiting supporters can be catered f

Hmm, catered for, is there ever a word that shouldn't be used for big way support at the Valley.

Can't see Charlton wanting more Brighton fans at the game in other stands when they will be trying to control there own fans as well as ours.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

if demand is there?

If you get online at 9am on the day the tickets are available to your points band you should be ok. Just make sure you have your log in details correct beforehand

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
cheers Socks. I hate to sound arrogant - and with all respect to Charlton who I like a lot -
but if the demand is there and they had the space
it seems to fly in the face of business sense not to try and accommodate more people.

I completely agree and under normal circumstances I think they would consider it. However, the protests will ramp up toward the end of the season in all likely hood. A Charlton supporting friend of mine has some form of corporate season ticket and is pretty confident things will heat up. He has even moved where he sits as used to be pretty close to the MD that is taking the brunt of the anger

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Where would they put any more? I guess those blocks adjacent in the main stand (left on photo), but they have a lot of sorting out with segregation etc. Do they have any ST's in there I wonder?

Might try and get a friend with a London postcode to get some in there if not. Never been anyone in those blocks last few visits.

Charlton.jpg

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Where would they put any more? I guess those blocks adjacent in the main stand (left on photo), but they have a lot of sorting out with segregation etc. Do they have any ST's in there I wonder?

Might try and get a friend with a London postcode to get some in there if not. Never been anyone in those blocks last few visits.

View attachment 73312

To be fair, they will probably sell to your postcode anyway. You can always say you fell in love with the club when they started running those coaches that people get so angry about

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

View attachment 73312

Bmuff got an extra allocation last year, in the stand to the right I believe.
I think they had to relocate some Charlton STH.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bmuff got an extra allocation last year, in the stand to the right I believe.
I think they had to relocate some Charlton STH.

It would be my luck that I would buy home tickets in the stand opposite to where they release further away tickets.

Capacity is what, 27k? They have an average of 15,500 this season, a highest of 21,500 - they'd be mad not to shift half that stand to the right to us and have a full stadium.:albion2:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
It would be my luck that I would buy home tickets in the stand opposite to where they release further away tickets.

Capacity is what, 27k? They have an average of 15,500 this season, a highest of 21,500 - they'd be mad not to shift half that stand to the right to us and have a full stadium.:albion2:

Exactly. But as we know, football clubs and common-sense, business-sense are not good bedfellows.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
One of the few away games I'll actually be going to. Enjoy going to Charlton, lovely fish and chip shop right by the away end too.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My main memory of Charlton, other than that glorious spanking under Gus, is of, when glancing to my right, underneath one of their screens, a few parented 12 year olds spending an entire game pointing at their asses and then pointing at us all, on repeat. I found it strange to put so much work into attempting to insult in such a way. I was unwound-up to begin with, and equally so 90 minutes later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here