Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting perspective of the run in from the top 6 local journos

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Interesting to see that Ash could play a part this weekend. i hope he gets a good reception if he does make an appearance

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very interesting. Two out of the three "neutral" judges have us going up in second place.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Naylor will be well pleased to be referred to as a top 6 local journalist.

Burnley and Brighton only have 3 wins each from teams in the current top half of the table, that is home and away. But both of us are consistent in picking up the points against the bottom half sides. We have not dropped a point at home to any side in the bottom half and have lost only once away to a bottom half team. 5 of our 6 away wins are against bottom half sides.
Burnley have 8 wins and 3 draws away from home to the bottom half. 10 wins and 1 defeat at home to the bottom half.

6 of Burnleys 8 remaining are against top half sides.
5 of the remaining 8 for Brighton are against top half sides.
Both of us are going to have to do better against top half opposition to get one of the auto spots.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Naylor will be well pleased to be referred to as a top 6 local journalist.

Burnley and Brighton only have 3 wins each from teams in the current top half of the table, that is home and away. But both of us are consistent in picking up the points against the bottom half sides. We have not dropped a point at home to any side in the bottom half and have lost only once away to a bottom half team. 5 of our 6 away wins are against bottom half sides.
Burnley have 8 wins and 3 draws away from home to the bottom half. 10 wins and 1 defeat at home to the bottom half.

6 of Burnleys 8 remaining are against top half sides.
5 of the remaining 8 for Brighton are against top half sides.
Both of us are going to have to do better against top half opposition to get one of the auto spots.

But how many wins against teams that were in the top half when we played them is surely more relevant than where they are now in the table

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The opening paragraph of Burnley's doesn't make sense: they have some tough matches against top of the table teams but they're the sort of game that would suit them as they've done well against teams in the bottom eight. In fact, Burnley have done particularly poorly against the top teams - something that is alluded to later. I think the reporter has a bad case of promotion fever.

It's also interesting to see that the subbing is of the same high standard as the Argus: "... Wassall was handed the head-coach reigns ...."

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
catch up at the back I have been saying this for ages
he says holding his lucky rabbits foot and touching wood
I have been feeling this in my water for about 8 weeks now
UPWARDS AND ONWARDS

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What is interesting is that during the weekend off, The Gazette in Middlesbrough decided to run this article, thereby allowing their readership to gain a perspective from other camps in the promotion race, whereas our local rag decided to run a Naylor article which did nothing except slaughter our support.

Which do you think is more interesting or beneficial to the readership?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
catch up at the back I have been saying this for ages
he says holding his lucky rabbits foot and touching wood
I have been feeling this in my water for about 8 weeks now
UPWARDS AND ONWARDS

I know it's an exciting time, but really don't want to know what you do in the privacy of your own home !!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Interesting everyone put Wednesday as the 6th place finisher. Do Cardiff and Ipswich not get a say?

I guess this was commissioned by the Boro paper and they're only looking at the top two places - they aren't interested in anyone as far back as Cardiff.

Dec 29, 2011
I guess this was commissioned by the Boro paper and they're only looking at the top two places - they aren't interested in anyone as far back as Cardiff.

I mean when predicting who finishes where, everyone puts Wednesday as a top 6 side, but Cardiff and ipswich are only 3/4 points off

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here