Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Removals recommendation?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've got to move a large lock-up's worth of stuff (bit of furniture, mostly boxes of books, CDs, DVDs, computer stuff) from central Brighton to Scotland (near Dundee). Too much to go in a van my licence would allow me to drive.

Anyone know a good removals outfit?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've used Perfect Removals in Worthing twice and brilliant each time.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Lovely chap (& staff), used him twice. You'll end up chatting about your music collection though...
Andy 07732 898641

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect that to be quite expensive could you not hire somebody who has a licence for 7.5 ton vehicle or whatever size and hire that. There must be somebody on NSC who has the licence and some holiday due who could use the money to drive to Dundee.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've got to move a large lock-up's worth of stuff (bit of furniture, mostly boxes of books, CDs, DVDs, computer stuff) from central Brighton to Scotland (near Dundee). Too much to go in a van my licence would allow me to drive.

Anyone know a good removals outfit?

I would expect that to be quite expensive could you not hire somebody who has a licence for 7.5 ton vehicle or whatever size and hire that. There must be somebody on NSC who has the licence and some holiday due who could use the money to drive to Dundee.

If you passed your test pre-1997 (I think) you can drive a 7.5 tonner.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Thanks, all - good advice and contacts here as usual. Maybe NSC should set up as a rival to Yellow Pages.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

This based on the fact that Dundee is at least 2 days driving within tacho laws for a large vehicle possibly 3 days. As its is not stuff requiring expert handling a general haulage company may do it whereby it would be 1 driver who may even get a return load.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here