Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maigret / Rowan atkinson

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Same here - decided to go upstairs instead and listen to music. Can't stand Atkinson.

Do you know that he banned his films from Italy so that nobody would recognise him
on hols there. That's what I heard. If true - he is a complete kn*b.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wifey is watching this on TV....Mr Bean as a serious actor? cmon....typecast or what? No way can I take him seriously.

:) I have just said exactly the same and got a dirty look from my wife, my 12 year old son agreed because he loves Mr Bean.

I mentioned on the Night Manager thread that I couldn't watch Hugh Laurie without laughing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I used to love watching Maigret, but as soon as I saw the trailer with Rowan Atkinson, I knew I couldn't watch it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Changedhe channel. It seemed a bit dull . . . .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I used to the same when Joanne Lumley started doing Ad-Fab. You get used to it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
My Mrs didn't want to watch a bumbling Mr Bean. Had to tell her that Atkinson is an actor & Bean is a part. A good actor can play many parts, just like Huge Laurie as the villain last night.

Look also at De Nero, Hanks, Eastwood, Nicholson. They have all played a variety of roles.

As for Maigret, it was OK. Maybe a little long.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must be just me then. I liked it.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Same here - decided to go upstairs instead and listen to music. Can't stand Atkinson.

Do you know that he banned his films from Italy so that nobody would recognise him
on hols there. That's what I heard. If true - he is a complete kn*b.

Edit: Just finished cleaning the egg off my face: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/rowan-atkinson-not-proud-mr-1477161

Very odd indeed, but there does seem to be an element of professional dissatisfaction involved as well.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Edit: Just finished cleaning the egg off my face: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/rowan-atkinson-not-proud-mr-1477161

Very odd indeed, but there does seem to be an element of professional dissatisfaction involved as well.

It seemed he had made hundreds of episodes of Mr. Bean, not just 14, every time it came on and I quickly turned over to something else.

I liked Blackadder and some of Not the Nine o'clock News but I hated Mr. Bean and Johhny Foreigner. He's right, his films are underwhelming but hugely successful commercially.

Mr. Bean was a poor man.s Pee Wee Heman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here