Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Martin Wall of Death

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone else watching this completely pointless ride in a circle speed test ?

Quite good, but how did they 1:45 hours out of it ?

Science /Maths quite interesting. To break the speed record and limit the G Force on the body they've had to construct a min velodrome.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I wondered how on earth they could drag it out for so long but really good and insightful so far with all the mathematics and science. It will be interesting to see what speed he can reach/ G he can pull on this final run.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Don't mind watching any amount of Guy Martin, absolutely top bloke although clearly insane...

Nice to see world motorcycling record achieved in 2016 by a BSA! :clap:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Odd one to be honest. We are so used to incredible camera work and editing these days I think oddly it lost a bit being live. Or they had spent the budget on the films and set.

Not that spectacular so they had to back it up constantly with reminding the viewer about the G Force. I think I got it the first time.

Televisually would have liked to see a camera looking forward and something on screen to indicate the force.

Wished they'd let him go again... But unfortunately there was an ad break.

Missed opportunity, felt like I was watching The Jump at times.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Thought it was quite good entertainment.

" I was going that fast , if I did poo myself I would have caught up wi ' it"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
His tutor seemed a bit of an arse

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Tough crowd. That was a top programme.

He did all that on a bike he built himself. I liked his helmet design too, with big top and wooden plank artwork. Great fun from start to finish.

He should have been allowed to call another run, not some cockwomble tv executive.

I reckon a bigger wall will be built the other side of the Atlantic though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tough crowd. That was a top programme.

He did all that on a bike he built himself. I liked his helmet design too, with big top and wooden plank artwork. Great fun from start to finish.

He should have been allowed to call another run, not some cockwomble tv executive.

I reckon a bigger wall will be built the other side of the Atlantic though.

The cockwomble TV executive has given a celebrity career unfortunately. Them ads pay his wages.

I do like Channel Four though. Whilst we debate a licence fee ad fee public service, it's interesting what a publically owned, non profit making but commercially funded station can do. I'd hate Channel Four to be privatised.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They could have cut the waffle. It was only a 4 second lap.

Davina MacCall was originally approached to present the show. Thank funk that never happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here