Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outside meter cupboard door damage

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Just come back from a weekend away to find my outside meter cupboard door in pieces. Obviously storm damage but not sure how. Was definately locked.

Anyway, who replaces it? Me or the utility company. Any ideas?

I have managed to patch it up to keep the weather out but it wont hold for long.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just come back from a weekend away to find my outside meter cupboard door in pieces. Obviously storm damage but not sure how. Was definately locked.

Anyway, who replaces it? Me or the utility company. Any ideas?

I have managed to patch it up to keep the weather out but it wont hold for long.

Almost certainly the homeowner's responsibility - will probably confirm on their website.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Available at your local building supplies company. Comes with a backplate as well which you probably wont need. Just hang the new box on the old backplate. Well that's all I had to do.

Amazon, via the NSC link, £18 ish.

These cupboards are a pain in the A****. The lock on ours broke last year, had to buy the whole door and then found that the lock was a slightly different design and wouldn't work with the catch which is moulded into the frame. Then resorted to gaffer tape to keep the door shut, but then the the hinge part of the frame of the frame broke! :tantrum::facepalm:. Only way to fix it would need a whole new box which is cunningly designed so that it can only be fitted by removing the meter first it appears. So it just has be held on with lots of tape which is replaced when I do my monthly reading. Fortunately the door did not sail across the rooftops last night and is still there.

Rant over.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here