Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seriously underrated players

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Radostin Kishishev for me. Held the midfield together in Gus's promotion team.

Well, not really. He was very good for the first half of the season but held it together? Congratulations for a wonderful exaggeration of the truth. Sparrow was very good, his goals did a few favours. Gary Dicker was very important as well, as was the emerging Bridcutt. Kishishev was very very good for us, no question - but the phrase "held the midfield together" is dramatic. Also, who, underrated him? I thought there was pretty much universal agreement even at the time, that he was fantastic for us.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Kieran O'Regan, Jeff Minton.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Radostin Kishishev for me. Held the midfield together in Gus's promotion team.

Class player for us but I seem to recall he didn't play that many games 2nd half of the season when Bridders came in? Was fairly old then though wasn't he...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale was seriously underrated last season. He made far too many howlers, at dreadful moments, but if you ignored these, you could see he was a brilliant keeper at this level. I was saying as much last season, as was our resident keeper and mod, @HansKraayFanClub

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Ashley Barnes no doubt, i personally really liked him and thought we should have built team around him a bit more, as could score a goal, worked hard and wanted to stay at the club.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Well, not really. He was very good for the first half of the season but held it together? Congratulations for a wonderful exaggeration of the truth. Sparrow was very good, his goals did a few favours. Gary Dicker was very important as well, as was the emerging Bridcutt. Kishishev was very very good for us, no question - but the phrase "held the midfield together" is dramatic. Also, who, underrated him? I thought there was pretty much universal agreement even at the time, that he was fantastic for us.
I think the subject is slightly misleading...Kishishev was quality but if often forgotten about...because of Bridcutt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here