Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Williams Swindon

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Unfortunately it looks like he has his work cut out at Swindon. Conceding 9 goals so far in the last 2 games, I wouldn't be surprised if he was to be unemployed within the next 24 hours.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He has just signed a contract extension so unlikely I would think.

Nearly all modern managerial contracts, except the very top guys usually have a 'pay up clause', perhaps 6 months money if ever they are sacked irrespective of the length of the signed contract.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Didn't he have a pretty good record before the loss on Friday? All in all it is 6 points lost (maybe effectively 7 with the goal difference) But it is in no way a crisis and would be surprised to see him get the sack

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Tim sherwood, swindon? Seriously? The same tim sherwood that is heavily linked with the Derby County job and has an ego that wouldnt allow him to drop below the championship

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
You wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked 3 weeks into a 5 year deal? Really? He hasn't even been doing badly bar the last two games..

I wasn't aware of a 5 year deal, which I find a bit silly considering it's his first managerial position.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tim sherwood, swindon? Seriously? The same tim sherwood that is heavily linked with the Derby County job and has an ego that wouldnt allow him to drop below the championship

Isn't the Championship below him?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I can only assume he is "linked" by his own agent. Why would anyone appoint him?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just passing on what the locals are saying he is a good friend of Lee Power the STFC owner .....so who knows?

I have no idea, just get the impression that he thinks that he is much better than he is and seemed very reluctant to take any jobs outside of the Premier League. His failure at Villa may have changed that I guess. :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can never quite understand why, but I've always had an irrational dislike for Swindon Town. It will never be disappointing watching them fail.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can never quite understand why, but I've always had an irrational dislike for Swindon Town. It will never be disappointing watching them fail.

Sadly that is exactly how I've always felt about Bournemouth, the arrival and prodigal son return of Smug Eddie just added salt to the wounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here