Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton & Next Season ......

I know of course that we still have a number of games left in this campaign (& it's a slow news day), but I was wondering whether our manager will be with us next season, whether or not we go up.

Hughton has certainly exceeded expectations this season, however, I see very little debate or gossip about whether he will be our top man, next campaign. I certainly hope whichever division we find ourselves in next season, CH will still be with us.

Just a little surprised that no-one from the top flight has publicly been knocking at Tony Blooms door, or perhaps if they have, it has been done in the middle of the night!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hope it doesn't come back to bite me but I doubt he will leave with either outcome.

This is very much his team he has built, playing his way and very promotion worthy in my opinion. I doubt he'd want to let someone else come in and take the credit, but money talks I guess.

We'll see how it goes, this season there was no pressure and we got alot of our results by teams underestimating us. Assuming worst case, next season CH will be pressured for promotion but I think he will thrive off that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe Newcastle will come back for him....if relegated he would be a good appointment

I'm pretty sure [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] reckoned he'd never go back there. Anyway, to answer the question I'd like him to stay if we go up and he will have earned another crack at the Prem. If we just fail I'd like him to have another go next season. He's been absolutely brilliant for this club and I hope he bucks the trend of short term managers.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Best manager we have had in ages - decent, level headed, knows his football and keeps his own ego in check.

I hope he stays with us for a long time to come whether we go up or not.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't see him leaving for another Second Division team. If we don't go up then we may be at risk from lower sides in the top flight.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Best manager we have had in ages - decent, level headed, knows his football and keeps his own ego in check.

I hope he stays with us for a long time to come whether we go up or not.

Agree with you totally, but if we go half a dozen games without a win the usual idiots with keyboards will be honing their idiot skills.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm pretty sure [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] reckoned he'd never go back there. Anyway, to answer the question I'd like him to stay if we go up and he will have earned another crack at the Prem. If we just fail I'd like him to have another go next season. He's been absolutely brilliant for this club and I hope he bucks the trend of short term managers.

He'd definitely deserve this, i'd even argue that we should keep him in place through potential relegation back down, to bounce straight back.

It's about the aspirations of the club though, remember when Adkins got the sack and the whole footballing world, pundits, fans, managers were all utterly perplexed and speechless by it, thinking it would be their downfall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree with you totally, but if we go half a dozen games without a win the usual idiots with keyboards will be honing their idiot skills.
What like 12 months ago?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't see him leaving for another Second Division team. If we don't go up then we may be at risk from lower sides in the top flight.

Initially there will be no low sides in the top flight as they all start equal and apart from about 6 are fighting the same battles for success and midtable survival. Would he want that I dont think so unless it is with us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't think of a single manager I'd rather have at the club instead of him to be honest. Appears to be a great fit on all fronts, not just on the field.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Best manager we have had in years. What annoys me is that he doesn't get anywhere near as much attention from the fans as Oscar and Poyet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here