Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

totally off topic but

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ended up watching the closing stages of passions of the christ last night.......graphic depictions of the lead up to the crucifixion almost brought a tear to my eye for some strange reason as i am not religious at all.....got me thinking about mel gibson as a film maker seeing as he was involved in apocolypto , another graphic , epic film that really drew the viewer in............remember the film caused a bit of a stir for it's graphic content when i first came out but yesterday was the first time i've actually seen any of it......

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Found it a bit boring after a while. That amount of punishment shown in the film would have killed anybody when he was being dragged through the streets.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Found it a bit boring after a while. That amount of punishment shown in the film would have killed anybody when he was being dragged through the streets.

Remember though, this is JESUS who God sent down from heaven so we could torture him and be killed so he saves the world from our sins. Personally, I think any God who would want to inflict suffering and pain like that has to be pretty vile, to be honest.

I don't believe any of it.

Stephen Fry sums it up quite nicely:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
ended up watching the closing stages of passions of the christ last night.......graphic depictions of the lead up to the crucifixion almost brought a tear to my eye for some strange reason as i am not religious at all.....got me thinking about mel gibson as a film maker seeing as he was involved in apocolypto , another graphic , epic film that really drew the viewer in............remember the film caused a bit of a stir for it's graphic content when i first came out but yesterday was the first time i've actually seen any of it......

Some people just tell their family and close friends, no need to make graphic films about it :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here