Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DIY Conservatories

PortSlader

Jun 8, 2014
Hello one and all and Happy Easter. Having had a couple of quotes from reputable local double glazing firms which unfortunately are a stretch too far financially at present, I have undertaken some research on buying a kit and getting it installed by a professional to save money and am interested in hearing of anybody's experience of this and advice...Cheers

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thought about DIY Politics, but people in glass houses...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd say Boris Johnson is a combination of the leftover parts - loose screws and handles and odd plastic bits without a name - from a few flatpack IKEA deliveries.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm trying my best to take the piss out of the poor and needy whilst helping the better off but I'm just no good at it. Not much cop at putting up shelves either to be honest.

PortSlader

Jun 8, 2014
Oh dear trying to multi task and didn't check the spelling! Many apologies; conservatories! Tis been a long day!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Simple DIY job. All you need is an orange, a rope and a large bin liner.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bloody instructions were in Chinese when I got my DIY Consevative kit. Ended up a Communist.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bought a DIY Conservative kit. I've laid out all the parts on the floor ready for assembly but the heart seems to be missing. I can't find the conscience either.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Spelling gaff aside - I did this about 12 years ago, but up here in Shrops.

Vanilla 10x12 Victorian - probably not a lot of help for you as it was up here - but saved me about £8k
I'll explain my experience if interested ....

PortSlader

Jun 8, 2014
Many thanks Shropshire; I have just PMed you. Also I'm glad that my innocent spelling mistake provided the opportunity for such Easter wit on the board !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here