Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boat Race

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just got back from an epic day at the boat race. Some serious swell today and every competitor was an absolute hero. Crowd was unbelievable when it looked like Cambridge women's boat was sinking, roaring them on and the cheers when they crossed the line was like they had won.

Also had the Cambridge Men/Oxford Women double so all in all a brilliant day.

:clap:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nearly changed the title of this thread to Boaty McBoatrace, but thought better of it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's a shame the way the boat race seems to have diminished in importance in recent years. It used to be a huge media event, and along with the Grand National and, of course, Easter it was one of the signs that winter was ending and spring was really here.. This year I didn't even know it was on, until I heard a reference to it on Radio 5 while I was out driving - just a mention, mind, not a commentary.
Moving it to Sunday too has, IMHO, downgraded it because of the inferior public transport for any potential spectators.
Guess it'll be the Grand National in a week or two. Hope that doesn't get all but forgotten about until a casual mention on Radio 5 let's slip that they're half way round the second circuit!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Always one of the biggest London booze up days of the year at the river pubs at Hammersmith.

Sadly Easter clashed this year :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here