Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Germany (and then v Holland)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I disagree.

I think it'll be really interesting to see the Dier-Alli-Kane relationship that has been so profitable for Spurs this season being replicated in the England team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very poor and untried England team tonight

Butland
Clyne.. Smalling....Cahill,.... Rose
Henderson...Dier
Wellbeck....Alli...Lallana
Kane​
.....and set up as 4-3-3 according to Sky, not 4-2-3-1. Looks a fairly decent team to me, though I don't think England are as well off for defenders as we traditionally have been.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ladbrokes are giving 12/1 for an England win and both teams to score. Probably worth a bluey.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sorry Smalling is a donkey

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Surely poor AND untried is somewhat of an oxymoron as they'd have to have been tried for us to know they were poor.

It IS a largely untried team and that's exactly what I want to see prior to going into a major tournament. The Spurs contingent have certainly earned their places and it will be interesting to see if they work together well on the international stage and carry their club form over.

Not sure who you'd rather see to be honest. This team has goals and hopefully a bit of pace

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Butland
Henderson...Dier
Kane​

After Germany got beaten 5-1 by England, they went back to basic and introduced new young players, so why not us.
It seems a good attacking side, which is what I prefer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Butland
Henderson...Dier
Kane​

Strange post. So who would you pick? Carrick, Defoe, Walcott, Jagielka? Cos thats worked out really well previously.

I'm really excited about the team with the Spurs boys in and I'm a big Welbeck fan so pleased to see him back in the squad.

The only disapointment for me is I really wanted to see Vardy start up front with Kane in these friendlies and see how they get on. I honestly think those two would scare a lot of defences.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not a side to send fear into the German hearts or laden with superstars, but there should be a youthful work ethic and fitness levels that one hopes will have them play, at least whilst level, without fear. Will be interesting to see who steps out of the shadows in such a game, aware of what doing so will bring them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here