Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to Brighton, from Eastbourne

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Recently sold home in Eastbourne, confused if moving to Brighton/hove is good idea as throwing everything I have into the move. Areas I've been looking at is Westdene/withdean and patcham, any expert advice from people on here?
I commute to Surrey so 1 main reasons for leaving Eastbourne and I've always liked Brighton and hove

Good advice please on areas best:
Checked through forum search don't see much advice on moving to Brighton :mad:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Patcham is good. Lived there for 12 years and really liked it.

Westdene and Withdean are good areas but very, very pricey.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Lol no way a studio, sold my home plus investments, so budget is £430k max.

Mackie avenue area looks nice as I drove around before, estate agents where trying to sell me coldean/Hollingbury what looks a it council to me.
Westdene/withdean looks nice have a friend move there as well, who's happy. Just don't want to mess up and move again,Too costly

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Patcham is good and the Ladies Mile does a free bus to all home games (although you do have to drink lots of beer first). Excellent bus service into town too. What more could you want?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Mackie avenue area looks nice as I drove around before, estate agents where trying to sell me coldean/Hollingbury what looks a it council to me.
Westdene/withdean looks nice have a friend move there as well, who's happy. Just don't want to mess up and move again,Too costly

Nice looking 3 bed semi in Carden Avenue currently on RightMove under your budget :thumbsup:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53021581.html

And oh so handy for Uncle Sams :unclesam:

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Yeah is a nice house, thanks for heads up Tom, don't see much on market at moe, not sure about Carden avenue the road looks busy for kids. Uncle SAMs is so much better then big chain burger places :D

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Snob. Try Horsted Keynes:glare:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
stay in Eastbourne?

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
stay in Eastbourne?

Eastbourne nice, I'd buy better home, but I work in Surrey. Move to Brighton would save me 24 hours a month driving time after 6 years of doing 2 hours 20 mins driving a day , had enough of it ( I moved to Eastbourne for the wife )

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
No parking charges in Westdene.
Lovely place to live for a family.
We moved there from the seafront 8 years ago.
A bit quiet compared to town but that's what makes it special.
Mill rd at top of the hill for the Amex match day service.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Eastbourne nice, I'd buy better home, but I work in Surrey. Move to Brighton would save me 24 hours a month driving time after 6 years of doing 2 hours 20 mins driving a day , had enough of it ( I moved to Eastbourne for the wife )

I'm not comparing the two but Mid Sussex (eg Hassocks) is cheaper than Brighton and nearer to your work.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not something he will have to worry about in Patcham or Withdean....... Yet

Agreed. Restrictions are spreading from Preston Park Station and Westdene is filling up with cars. Visit the circus as mums drop off and pick up their kids at the local school.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Loads of new houses in Mid Sussex knock 30 mins a day of your commute and the home of Mid Sussex seagulls

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Coldean isn't bad for a council estate, I like some of the houses over there :whistle:

Compared to Newhaven, They're palacial:)
Nothing wrong with ex council houses. Normally well made and well maintained....and most have inside toilets!(I have three after vastly extending the property, all inside!)
The OP will be happy with Patcham. Good transport to town and gridlock out of it. The school isn't as bad as it used to be and the pikey site doesn't interfere with daily life. There isn't a fortnum and mason close to hand so he'll have to mingle with us peasants up at Asda.
One thing might be hard to adjust to though, unlike Eastbourne, Brighton doesn't close at 10pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here