Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Newspaper Fan Previews

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Anyone else read these? Every week an unwitting NSCer becomes a national sensation in the ultimate display of lazy journalism as a post is lifted from here and printed each Saturday under our club crest. Being the I these may also appear in The Independent.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anyone else read these? Every week an unwitting NSCer becomes a national sensation in the ultimate display of lazy journalism as a post is lifted from here and printed each Saturday under our club crest. Being the I these may also appear in The Independent.

Read them for the first time on the train to Preston. Don't normally buy I but had a few hours to kill. A really good read and interesting to see what other fans have to say about their clubs.

Back in the days when the Albion were at Withdean and were playing in the Championship, after each home game, Lady B used to contribute a hundred or so words to the Observer. They paid her to do this.

Does money change hands these days?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Slightly related the last print edition of the Indie today....'I' was bought by some concern I can't remember the name of so will continue, but not sure if the same journalists etc. ....and yes I read the fan comments.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Actually buy The I paper and at 40p no grumbles,yet the spot on Saturday (50p )about clubs and the input from fans is very interesting reading and although like many i have no real interest in any of the other clubs,these snippets i read with interest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Outrageous.

6cca5348472c78962217e76c604a5b5a.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So do they just lift comments from forums/twitbook/facer without the poster's knowledge?

I hope that's not the case but what a marvellous way to get free content whilst pretending they had something to do with it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Far from it.

By way of massive coincidence I was sent this in a text a little earlier.

As such, I can confirm that there is someone somewhere just scraping and using this stuff.

Disappointing, I was looking forward to a double page spread in 4-4-2 or OK magazine :wink:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Far from it.

By way of massive coincidence I was sent this in a text a little earlier.

As such, I can confirm that there is someone somewhere just scraping and using this stuff.
It's pretty shocking that they're willing to just go steal posts without seeking any sort of permission, especially for those who have their names attached to the comments.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
They've been doing it for as long as I can remember. I think the only two remaining NSCers whose posts they have yet to feature are HB&B and Das Reich aka 'The Fairy.'

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems a reasonable idea. Other fans' posts can be quite interesting - after all, don't we often have links to them on NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here