Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
clarke-l229-2427778_478x359.jpg

Kevin Clarke with Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 25th March 2016
by Kevin Clarke
The Talksport People's Pundit winner recounts an experience from earlier this season.

Saturday 12th September, half-time at the Amex, we had taken an early lead courtesy of Tomer Hemed, just after the very moving events prior to kick-off against Hull.
I was in the gents reflecting on this, eyes wandering around the room, when I spotted a guy in sunglasses who looked very familiar, then it hit me, the drummer from Royal Blood (for the uninitiated they are a two- piece band from Worthing and Littlehampton who have gone from obscurity to supporting the Arctic Monkeys and winning a Brit Award all in the space of a year or so).
But was it him? Well, he had sunglasses on indoors (a sure sign of a rock star!).* I then went into semi-stalker mode (post-urinal I hasten to add!), observing his movements from afar as I decided whether to approach him.My confidence increased as I spotted another fan getting a selfie, it was him (Ben Thatcher, just for those who like the detail).* I made my move, but then my next challenge; I’m 46 and haven’t mastered the selfie.
When I did one with Tommy Elphick on the People’s Pundit, I ended up getting him to do it. On our family holiday this year, I even bought a selfie stick only to discover that 90% of my shots had the stick clearly visible in the photo!* The kids who usually bail me out in this situation were not with me at the game; consequently I fumbled with the phone, mentioning I wasn’t very good at them, until Ben finally put me out of my misery and did a ‘Tommy’.

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

I reflected on my embarrassing moment. There had been worse. I had a failed (blurred) photo with Kenny Dalglish at a football hall of fame event. I quickly charged back when I spotted the problem, “Kenny, Kenny, sorry mate,” I said as I went back to stand next to him for a quick re-take (I wondered why he was looking at me so strangely as we posed together). Then my mate (taking the photo) filled me in. I had unwittingly stood straight in front of the next person in the queue, who was in a wheelchair.
So, if Fatboy Slim, Des Lynam, Alan Mullery, Bobby Zamora or our main man Tony Bloom happen to read this, you have my word that I will not approach you under any circumstances (well maybe, if the kids are with me!). Come on you Seagulls![h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V FULHAM
[/h]FRIDAY 15TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V QPR
[/h]TUESDAY 19TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here