Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump interview with Piers Morgan

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Horrified to say this but I think Trump stands a chance of winning this election.

Hils has sat back on the basis he will self implode but he has been, cleverly, working hard to become more statesmanlike.

It's freaky-scary.

4.33 on betfair, good value I reckon...

Do a double on Trump-Corbyn?

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Horrified to say this but I think Trump stands a chance of winning this election.

Hils has sat back on the basis he will self implode but he has been, cleverly, working hard to become more statesmanlike.

Fairly easy to come across as statesmanlike when you are being interviewed by a close friend who fails to challenge anything you say.

The BBC would have had Eddie Mair, James O'Brien or even brought Paxman out of retirement; someone who would have picked apart each response clinically. ITV decided to go for someone who describes Trump as an 'incredibly loyal friend' and who has been defending him in his newspaper column for weeks.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Fairly easy to come across as statesmanlike when you are being interviewed by a close friend who fails to challenge anything you say.

The BBC would have had Eddie Mair, James O'Brien or even brought Paxman out of retirement; someone who would have picked apart each response clinically. ITV decided to go for someone who describes Trump as an 'incredibly loyal friend' and who has been defending him in his newspaper column for weeks.

Couldn't agree more.

But one of Trump's tactics is to simply blank those dudes out, simples...

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Oh yes because the left wing BBC are never biased in their reporting are they?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

The fact that every side believes that the BBC is biased against them is evidence that they actually do their job properly.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He loses both theoretical match-ups against the Democratic candidates so I don't think he has too much chance in the general. Even for America, they're not THAT crazy to elect Trump.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
He loses both theoretical match-ups against the Democratic candidates so I don't think he has too much chance in the general. Even for America, they're not THAT crazy to elect Trump.

This. Polling for a theoretical general election suggests that Cruz stands more chance of winning. Against Clinton, Trump is down anywhere between 8-15% and against Sanders who is down by up to 24%.

I could be wrong but I'm not losing sleep at the prospect of President Trump.

Dec 29, 2011
I would love to speak to a Trump supporter but they're incredibly hard to find online. His policies are sound bites and have no real substance. When you ask questions it becomes clear he nor his supporters have any idea what they're talking about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trump becoming President - ain't gonna happen

This. He will win the nomination but the numbers don't stack up to win the presidency. He's way too divisive.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I would love to speak to a Trump supporter but they're incredibly hard to find online. His policies are sound bites and have no real substance. When you ask questions it becomes clear he nor his supporters have any idea what they're talking about.

You mean he might not be able to force Mexico to pay to put a giant wall up?

Surely not!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree,as likely as Corbyn being elected Labour Leader!!!!

Completely different. There was always a possibility that the labour party members would elect a left wing candidate, irrespective of the very remote possibility he would garner enough middle ground support to win a general election. Labour memebership was about half a million. Think he got about 60% of the vote which is three hundred thousand. Trump on the other hand could quite possibly win the nomination but will not the presidency. He alienates far too many different groups.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe you should watch some of the output of Russia Today then you would start to appreciate real bias.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
he has been, cleverly, working hard to become more statesmanlike.

oh dear god, you either:

a) haven't been paying attention to anything except one interview
b) do not know what the word 'statemanlike' means
or c) have a vastly different interpretation of the word's meaning than i do

american politics is a mess and americans have a long history of voting against their own best interests but even they can't **** this one up.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Clinton will be the next president. Can't see Sanders overhauling her lead and as said above Trump is far too devisive. He has a lot of support but the majority of Americans will baulk at the idea of him leading the country. If he does win, then God help us - Armageddon here we come!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

This may say something about the world in which we live - there must be thousands of supporters but few dare voice their agreement, for fear of the storm that envelops them, as the holier-than -thou luvvies all descend with their accusations of wacism etc etc. Yes, he is divisive, crude and all the other things you can think of, but one must also ask oneself why he appeals to so many. It is not enough to simply describe his supporters as thick and gullible. At the time of the election of Corbyn, and the pre-election surge of UKIP, (as well as before then)there were many posts talking of being fed up with self-serving politicians, that Cameron was just another Blair, and that the electorate was looking for something different. Might this just be the same in the USA?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here