Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Gary Shandling

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Creator of The Larry Sanders Show, one of the funniest sitcoms I've ever seen. Used to stay up till 12.30 midweek just to watch it.

Cruyff and Shandling on the same day, that's some double header

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Mr Roy said today that 'legend' was a word bandied about too readily these days when it came to footballers, but that Cruyff deserved that moniker.

Well, 'The Larry Sanders Show' is a 'legendary' series - it gave us The Office, all these 'fly on the wall'-type comedies, anything where celebs play parodies of themselves, it gave us laugh/cringe comedy, it gave us Janeane Garofalo for heaven's sake, and having taken a good few months to watch every episode again last year, it has aged not one jot. I don't know anyone who, having watched it, hasn't loved it. And that's a rare thing indeed.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just woke up and read the news. What a truly sh*tty year. I don't know if I've ever cried when a comedian died before. The 'It's Garry Shandling's' show was groundbreaking, corny, sensitive and a little bizarre but I absolutely loved it. It hearkened back to vaudeville but influenced a new generation of comedians. Absolutely gutted. Absolutely gutted. There I've said it twice.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
'The Larry Sanders Show' is a 'legendary' series - it gave us The Office, all these 'fly on the wall'-type comedies, anything where celebs play parodies of themselves, it gave us laugh/cringe comedy, it gave us Janeane Garofalo for heaven's sake, and having taken a good few months to watch every episode again last year, it has aged not one jot. I don't know anyone who, having watched it, hasn't loved it. And that's a rare thing indeed.

Well said.

I watched a couple more last night to remind myself of how good they were - they haven't aged in the slightest.

Just seen that you can now get the complete series of the shows on DVDs (for a long time they were only available in North American format), that's a purchase that needs to be made soon

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here