Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

Thread: Line of Duty

1 Not allowed!
    I think the firearms officer is gonna have a part to play. After Corbett ran off following the stand off between him and Arnott, the firearms officer then had a short but totally unnecessary scene in the office with Hastings where he was telling him stuff the audience and Hastings already knew. They were on first name terms. I reckon he'll feature somehow. Or not.
    Love Great Britain
    Love the EU
    Love Inclusion and Progression.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Having now caught up with season 5 I have to disagree imo itís not as well written as the other 4, whether thatís because Iím conditioned now to high octane drama now I donít know but it hasnít left me wanting more. I might give Looming Towers a go this week!
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      She will go down, mark my words.
      I don't think it's that sort of programme. El Pres would probably sort you out some stuff if you like that sort of thing
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      Having now caught up with season 5 I have to disagree imo itís not as well written as the other 4, whether thatís because Iím conditioned now to high octane drama now I donít know but it hasnít left me wanting more. I might give Looming Towers a go this week!
      Good call.

Binge watched this a few months ago.

Spoiler alert. Al Quaeda win.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.

0 Not allowed!
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lod.JPG 
Views:	290 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	108118
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lod.JPG 
Views:	290 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	108118
      90 min finale eh!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by °Cereal Killer! View Post
      What was the money thing about the with ex cop? Was that a loan or a bung?
      If Hastings truly is bent to the extent he is working with crooks, he can't have been doing it for long if he still living in a cheap hotel.
      Hastings lost all his savings in some resort that was going to be built but was a con job. The ex copper said he was working for a company that wanted to restart the project but that in order to do so they had to refund those who had lost money in the original scheme.

It's obviously another con in order to have some dirt to hold on Hastings.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 Ė 2015
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      The Looming Tower is absolutely shocking imo...
      The Disowned Masses

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      Hastings lost all his savings in some resort that was going to be built but was a con job. The ex copper said he was working for a company that wanted to restart the project but that in order to do so they had to refund those who had lost money in the original scheme.

It's obviously another con in order to have some dirt to hold on Hastings.
      But when they met in the bar, the ex copper seemed to suggest that Hastings needed to provide some additional investment in order to get his money back, 100k? Or did I misread the conversation?

Either way - Hastings appears to be in a very compromising position at the moment, and I have no idea what's going on with the laptop he got rid of.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      But when they met in the bar, the ex copper seemed to suggest that Hastings needed to provide some additional investment in order to get his money back, 100k? Or did I misread the conversation?

Either way - Hastings appears to be in a very compromising position at the moment, and I have no idea what's going on with the laptop he got rid of.
      Yes it was 100k and they could even provide a line of credit for that amount...I canít see how that could be the cash in the envelope...but it was a fair number of £50ís......whatever way it would seem to be part of setting up Hastings