Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Of course it's not. How many TV shows have ended with a cliffhanger that promised more, but never happened?

I wouldn't say LoD finished on a cliffhanger. The fourth man was identified, a lot of the other storylines could be interpreted as being tied up and there was some sort of closure to the murder trial that was one of the main threads of the series.

Having said that, it also leaves the door open to another series, where those 'tied up' storylines could be revitalised again. That's kinda what I was saying. It's over, until another season is announced. Clever writing, the more I think about it, TBH.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course it's not. How many TV shows have ended with a cliffhanger that promised more, but never happened?

I remember watching a show called "By Any Means" which ended the first series with a cliffhanger of two protagonists pointing guns at each other then the screen going black as shots were fired (a bit like episode 5(?) of this series of Line of Duty). It was never recommissioned so it was never revealed what happened.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wouldn't say LoD finished on a cliffhanger. The fourth man was identified, a lot of the other storylines could be interpreted as being tied up and there was some sort of closure to the murder trial that was one of the main threads of the series.

Having said that, it also leaves the door open to another series, where those 'tied up' storylines could be revitalised again. That's kinda what I was saying. It's over, until another season is announced. Clever writing, the more I think about it, TBH.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. There are enough threads left un-pulled for more story.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of the biggest running strands - the historic paedophile ring stuff - still hasn't been satisfactorily sorted. Hopeful for a 7th to focus on taking the nonces down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here