Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm torn between the 'definately' meaning that Hastings is the baddie, or that the show is just more lazily written these days. The script is nowhere near as good as it was before, the story is bizarre and the acting has turned to shit.

That said it's still a good watch just as a result of its insanity.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I missed the bit on how AC12 got access to the laptop, I might have got a drink. Or were we just shown Lisa telling John there was contact the AC12 & Hastings at the other end?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
H is female btw

I don’t think H is one person. I just can’t see how it can be after all this build up. I don’t believe it can be Hastings and there’s no other plausible character it can be. I think it’s an organisation or group or I read some thing on twitter about it being Maze prison - also known as H blocks apparently - which with the Northern Ireland links seems possible?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don’t think H is one person. I just can’t see how it can be after all this build up. I don’t believe it can be Hastings and there’s no other plausible character it can be. I think it’s an organisation or group or I read some thing on twitter about it being Maze prison - also known as H blocks apparently - which with the Northern Ireland links seems possible?

Ooh, that would be interesting.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the firearms officer is gonna have a part to play. After Corbett ran off following the stand off between him and Arnott, the firearms officer then had a short but totally unnecessary scene in the office with Hastings where he was telling him stuff the audience and Hastings already knew. They were on first name terms. I reckon he'll feature somehow. Or not.

I think you are right about the firearms officer. Did seem odd giving him a speaking part without really adding to the story when you consider that there are usually only 3-4 of the AC12 team that ever actually speak, our three stars, and an expendable WPC to say " We found this Photo/Mobile phone record/ Bank statement " .

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
My hypotheses are that:

Hastings is not H, or a corrupt officer (He is now by effect of his actions). He will, however, be used by the OCG to made out to be. They will find out he alerted the prisoner to Corbatt's identity and they will also know of his financial situation and will use both as leverage.
Lisa McQueen will either be an undercover cop or MI5.
H is a collective, not a single identity
The solicitor Hastings has banged is corrupt.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My hypotheses are that:

Hastings is not H, or a corrupt officer (He is now by effect of his actions). He will, however, be used by the OCG to made out to be. They will find out he alerted the prisoner to Corbatt's identity and they will also know of his financial situation and will use both as leverage.
Lisa McQueen will either be an undercover cop or MI5.
H is a collective, not a single identity
The solicitor Hastings has banged is corrupt.
Gill Biggeloe/Polly Walker, I am thinking she is involved somehow. She can't be H though as how would she get the info from the cops unless Hastings is telling her...

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Gill Biggeloe/Polly Walker, I am thinking she is involved somehow. She can't be H though as how would she get the info from the cops unless Hastings is telling her...

Aye, I agree - I just think she's involved. Perhaps her being with the Chief Inspector at all times when Hastings is reporting on AC12's progress is to ensure they have an ear at all times.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I think it’s an organisation or group or I read some thing on twitter about it being Maze prison - also known as H blocks apparently

Here they are, the scheming old lags...

Q-8254.jpg

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm torn between the 'definately' meaning that Hastings is the baddie, or that the show is just more lazily written these days. The script is nowhere near as good as it was before, the story is bizarre and the acting has turned to shit.

That said it's still a good watch just as a result of its insanity.

I think you are right about the firearms officer. Did seem odd giving him a speaking part without really adding to the story when you consider that there are usually only 3-4 of the AC12 team that ever actually speak, our three stars, and an expendable WPC to say " We found this Photo/Mobile phone record/ Bank statement " .

Hey, knowledgeable LoD theorists, I need a steer on this still...

I missed the bit on how AC12 got access to the laptop, I might have got a drink. Or were we just shown Lisa telling John there was contact in the bar, and there was AC12 & Hastings at the other end?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the random lackey copper said she could clone the IP or something, so it's just any different laptop.

Yes, that's pretty much what happened.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the random lackey copper said she could clone the IP or something, so it's just any different laptop.

So either a glaring plot hole that a highly proficient criminal keeping their identity secret from their own group members would allow a communication channel to simply be hacked through an ISP, or a clear indication Lisa is in fact a deeper UCO who has furnished the info.?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
So either a glaring plot hole that a highly proficient criminal keeping their identity secret from their own group members would allow a communication channel to simply be hacked through an ISP, or a clear indication Lisa is in fact a deeper UCO who has furnished the info.?

I think you're putting more thought into this than Jed Mercurio has, TBH.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Absolutely convinced Hastings will not be H. Too bloody obvious, and just what the script writers want us to think.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I agree with this.

How did H get his name? It was from Cottan blinking his eyes while Kate was going through the alphabet as he was dying. What if he blinked his eyes at "G" and Kate got it wrong......

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've watched it back. After they raided the print shop they established mobile data activity in the immediate area. They got info. from the service provider, analysed the meta data which led to a communication from the location tracked to an ISP in Spain possibly using multiple VPNs. Given they have the metadata they were able to impersonate the ISP connecting back to the laptop and came up with similar statements. Took a few days to set up.

So yes, as [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] said. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here